Playa Sosúa & Playa Alicia / History

habi

Oct 17, 2015
Still holding on to that rumor that Playa Alicia appeared from one day to the other! :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Spring 2004 it started slowly at the corner where the then Waterfront Restaurant is located... At low tide you could see sand building up then everytime when there was some wave action the sand/beach was building up (and the Casa Marina Beach got smaller)... so nothing close like: From one day to the other there was a beach! :rolleyes:

P,S. and the formerly 3 pilars (now 2) at Sosua Beach got almost covered with sand March 2018 when all the sand got on this side of the beach and the Charamicos side lost a lot of it (2 days of huge waves from the north)....

Reactions: bachata

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
The parking lot at Playa Alicia was different before, between 1990 and 2008 I used to take lunch brakes in that place at least couple times every month.
I used to eat at Supermercado Sosua not longer exist and then I will go to what we used to call "La puntilla" de Sosua.
The sea water was rough in that area, sometimes when the waves will hit the cliff that water used spray the windshields of the cars.

I wasn't there the day the beach appeared, just heard from local people.

JJ

habi

Oct 17, 2015
The parking lot at Playa Alicia was different before, between 1990 and 2008 I used to take lunch brakes in that place at least couple times every month.
I used to eat at Supermercado Sosua not longer exist and then I will go to what we used to call "La puntilla" de Sosua.
The sea water was rough in that area, sometimes when the waves will hit the cliff that water used spray the windshields of the cars.

I wasn't there the day the beach appeared, just heard from local people.

JJ
It was also called Calle sin salida... :cool:
We used to jump down and then came back up at the stairs from Blubayou (or something similar) behind Stevens International now (then there was a food truck)...
Nice and inexpensive meeting point after work......

Reactions: bachata

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I remember some locals used to go fishing there too, they used to go down like halfway on the cliff.

JJ

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
IMO, one day the Ocean will RE CLAIM Playa Alicia's Sand Beach .. it would not take much .. this storm passing through could even do it .
Last Terrenas got hit hard a short while back ,and I have a bad feeling they will get hit hard again this time around .