Playero Not Stocking, like before

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
For me the least expensive place to shop is Apresio. I always go there first and then other stores for imported and special stuff. Apresio has problems keeping stock. Sometimes it's there and.others not. But the prices are great.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
For me the least expensive place to shop is Apresio. I always go there first and then other stores for imported and special stuff. Apresio has problems keeping stock. Sometimes it's there and.others not. But the prices are great.
Where is that?

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I just noticed the other day that BRAVO now has cottage cheese. Quite a surprise. They also have the best brownies from Bocados.

They have really nice sausages as well and nice bacon. And the wine is always 3 for 2. I think it's much better than Nacional.

Reactions: JD Jones

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019

Ooh thanks for the tip I shall try that one. It always surprises me that so many of the supermarkets sell exactly the same stuff but at wildly different prices. Nacional sells Rica orange juice cartons for much more than Jumbo but they are basically the same company. In other countries a cheaper place has different brands, but here the cheaper places sell the same stuff just cheaper.

Reactions: Jan

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
As an example of pricing. Ole pretty much will be cheaper on basic products than Nacional, Jumbo [same company], or Pola. Iberia also. If you really want to save you will not be able to do all your grocery shopping at one store............

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Cottage cheese is a tough..... in & out of stock all the time.

Owner of the local supermarket here tells me she orders it every week.... it rarely comes
Nacional in Sto Dom can be out of stock at times

Don't know why cottage cheese gets the bum deal

Reactions: SKY

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Cottage cheese is a tough..... in & out of stock all the time.

Owner of the local supermarket here tells me she orders it every week.... it rarely comes
Nacional in Sto Dom can be out of stock at times

Don't know why cottage cheese gets the bum deal
Nacional and Jumbo just got the good cottage cheese in last week. Before that out for months. There is a bootleg brand sometimes available but you are better off with nothing...........

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
They have really nice sausages as well and nice bacon. And the wine is always 3 for 2. I think it's much better than Nacional.
BRAVO has the smoked cooked bacon that is reaally good. Comes in bars instead of sliced so you cut it the way you like.

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
I had thought of starting a thread like this for a couple of months, because at least on the north coast there are quite often a shortage of basic groceries, not just in Super pola or Playero, but in general even Jumbo and Sirena doesn't restock as they did before. But I'm not surprised, if you haven't noticed since the start of the pandemic up to now traffic has increased. Before the pandemic only during mayor holidays you would experience traffic jams. Now it's EVERYDAY, and almost at any time. So not the infrastructure nor the amount of groceries are enough for the north cost, and not because of tourists, but more because of more people living here than before. Annoying, but not surprising at all.

Reactions: chico bill

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I never could see what people find appetizing about either buttermilk or cottage cheese, frankly I don't get it.
But if people find curdled dairy products tasty then more power to them.

Reactions: PCMike

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I was never a fan of buttermilk and didn't try cottage cheese for a long time simply because of the way it looked, but it's surprisingly mild flavored cheese to me, somewhat like ricotta. Great source of calcium and I like it with crushed pineapple, strawberries, or cantaloupe on top. It's a good side dish if you're on a low carb diet.

Reactions: playacaribe2

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I was never a fan of buttermilk and didn't try cottage cheese for a long time simply because of the way it looked, but it's surprisingly mild flavored cheese to me, somewhat like ricotta. Great source of calcium and I like it with crushed pineapple, strawberries, or cantaloupe on top. It's a good side dish if you're on a low carb diet.
I eat cottage cheese a lot of different ways, but my favorite is using it for chip dip instead of regular chip dip. Mix in an envelope of french onion soup mix in and it's even better.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Come on now!!! Yuca, plátano, huevo and salami are everywhere there...
Stop eating frozen food and eat fresh!

JJ