Playero Not Stocking, like before

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Salami? Show me a doctor who will recommend eating salami. Everything else is A-OK in my book!
I know Salami is not a healthy food but I love it. Here in NC I buy Dominican salami every week, Induveca my favorite but sometimes Caserío Higueral or Palenque...

JJ

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
BRAVO has the smoked cooked bacon that is reaally good. Comes in bars instead of sliced so you cut it the way you like.

Oh really. I have been looking for smoked ham to roast forever. Is this fresh or frozen? On the deli or where?

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
I' ve been many times in my life in salami plant, I used to work for Nicolas Vargas who was the # 1 provider of pork and beef meat back in the 80s.
I used to go everyday to deliver prime material to salami plants in Santiago City.

JJ

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I' ve been many times in my life in salami plant, I used to work for Nicolas Vargas who was the # 1 provider of pork and beef meat back in the 80s.
I used to go everyday to deliver prime material to salami plants in Santiago City.

JJ
What passes for salami in the DR bears no resemblance to good aged dried Italian salami.
You have to question the diet of people that eat the DR version.
My dogs like the Chef brand but they fart like a parade of Scottish bagpipes after eating it, so I do not give them copious amounts - only a few chunks on their kibble.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Some Salami plants in DR are rated 90% or above in qualify and sanitation standard in an US inspection.
That's why I stick to some brands that I know have fallowed the rules for many years like INDUVECA.

JJ

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Oh really. I have been looking for smoked ham to roast forever. Is this fresh or frozen? On the deli or where?
No smoked ham, only bacon. They may have smoked ham, but I've never looked for it.

This is the bacon (not frozen):
1677946980489.jpeg

Reactions: keepcoming

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
says who ?
INDUVECA.

They're owned by GRUPO SID which is owned by the Bonetti family, and has 23 production plants and 11 distribution centers. Definitely not a small operation.

They are known for the quality of their products and you probably consume them every day.

gruposid.com.do

Last edited:
Reactions: keepcoming

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
INDUVECA.

They're owned by GRUPO SID which is owned by the Bonetti family, and has 23 production plants and 11 distribution centers.

They are known for the quality of their products and you probably consume them every day.

gruposid.com.do

I have gone through a bunch of their salamis over the years----- for my dogs, dont worry i dont eat them myself 🤣🤣🤣🤣----and it is not unusual to come across chunks of gristle....... enough said 🤮🤮🤮 .

My wife, who is Dominican, will not eat any salami except DonPedro..... and she eats a bunch of funky stuff like cow's feet, liver, etc...

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
The only salami I can stomach here is the deli sliced Genoa in Playero. All the fat rolls in the refrigerator case are not palatable and yes I've tasted Induveca and it's pitiful.
We can all argue over personal preference but DR salami will not win any awards in the salami world.
Because it doesn't even meet the definition of salami = a cured or air dried spiced or peppered sausage, usually pork that can be stored at room temperature.

Reactions: malko

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
The only salami I can stomach here is the deli sliced Genoa in Playero. All the fat rolls in the refrigerator case are not palatable and yes I've tasted Induveca and it's pitiful.
We can all argue over personal preference but DR salami will not win any awards in the salami world.
Because it doesn't even meet the definition of salami = a cured or air dried spiced or peppered sausage, usually pork that can be stored at room temperature.
Completely agree. If it wasn't labled, I would never have guess what it was. I buy the imported stuff when I'm in the mood.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013

yeah, they call it salami, but it is not.

A salami would be 100% pork where i come from.
Here you are lucky if its 30%.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
yeah, they call it salami, but it is not.

A salami would be 100% pork where i come from.
Here you are lucky if its 30%.
Not in DR, I believe 70% beef= carne # 7
20% pork = capa de cerdo, 10% harina de trigo and ice...of course red color dye.

Hmmm yummy yummy 😋

JJ