Plaza Europa in Sosúa

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
Stayed there once a few years ago. Clean, comfortable, English speaking front desk. No issues here. I wasn't there for late night spandex shenanigans so I can't tell you anything about that.

Reactions: David B

David B

Aug 31, 2017
Ha ha, thanks, I won't be there for the girls, either, but I wouldn't be staying in Sosúa if it was going to bother me too much. More interested in the pool and proximity to the beach. Seems like an ok place, from what I've read. Thanks, again!

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
Ha ha, thanks, I won't be there for the girls, either, but I wouldn't be staying in Sosúa if it was going to bother me too much. More interested in the pool and proximity to the beach. Seems like an ok place, from what I've read. Thanks, again!
You're welcome. Regarding the pool...I used it twice during the daytime and found it clean. I was also the only one in it. You'll be fine there.

HarpB

Aug 31, 2012
Hi, you might use Hotel Playa Alicia. If open. Good value. Clean, closer to both beaches and less drama

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
Hi, you might use Hotel Playa Alicia. If open. Good value. Clean, closer to both beaches and less drama
Or El Rancho - right across the street from Hotel Playa Alicia. Good value, clean -------> Plus it has a GREAT restaurant

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
The beach is exactly a half a mile walk (0.8km) from Plaza Europa so if you want to be closer to the beach I would stay at El Ranch or Hotel Playa Alicia. On top of that as someone mentioned, the restaurant in El Rancho is excellent and it is close to dozens of other restaurants like Stevens above Playa Alicia, Taberna El Conde at the top of the road and then most others are all within walking distance. Plus it is nice and quiet down there

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
The beach is exactly a half a mile walk (0.8km) from Plaza Europa so if you want to be closer to the beach I would stay at El Ranch or Hotel Playa Alicia. On top of that as someone mentioned, the restaurant in El Rancho is excellent and it is close to dozens of other restaurants like Stevens above Playa Alicia, Taberna El Conde at the top of the road and then most others are all within walking distance. Plus it is nice and quiet down there

El Ranch is on Dr. Rosen? Before Las Terrazzas?

j_d66

Nov 1, 2012
Hotel Playa Alica (former Casa Cayena) and El Rancho is directly across the street from Hotel Playa Alicia. They are very close to Playa Alicia which is a nice quiet beach with no bars or vendors only sand and chairs with umbrellas for rent.

It is about a 8 minute walk to Playa Sosua where the bars and vendors are at.

Europa is about a 10 minute walk to Playa Sosua. So very little difference in distance

I have never stayed in El Rancho but I do know the pool is very small and the rooms are not very large

Hotel Playa Alicia rooms are bigger and so is the pool. I have not stayed there since it Wilfried left as manager (a nice guy) and it was Casa Cayena

The rooms at Europa are generally bigger than the other two places and since they are condo type rooms most have a small kitchen. I have stayed in a few that were two rooms and quite spacious. The pool is about the same size as Playa Alicia.

The street noise is louder at Europa no doubt so if that bothers you it might not be for you or request a room away from the street.

All three are older properties and

Overall of the three I prefer Europa as I like the area and the rooms are ok and they do a decent job keeping them clean.

You likely will find the lowest price at Europa

David B

Aug 31, 2017
Hotel Playa Alica (former Casa Cayena) and El Rancho is directly across the street from Hotel Playa Alicia. They are very close to Playa Alicia which is a nice quiet beach with no bars or vendors only sand and chairs with umbrellas for rent.

Europa is about a 10 minute walk to Playa Sosua. So very little difference in distance

I have never stayed in El Rancho but I do know the pool is very small and the rooms are not very large

Hotel Playa Alicia rooms are bigger and so is the pool. I have not stayed there since it Wilfried left as manager (a nice guy) and it was Casa Cayena

The rooms at Europa are generally bigger than the other two places and since they are condo type rooms most have a small kitchen. I have stayed in a few that were two rooms and quite spacious. The pool is about the same size as Playa Alicia.

The street noise is louder at Europa no doubt so if that bothers you it might not be for you or request a room away from the street.

Overall of the three I prefer Europa as I like the area and the rooms are ok and they do a decent job keeping them clean.

Thank you! The price on airbnb at Europa is much lower, and I don't mind being three more minutes from the beach. I'm looking for a little noise, anyway. Living for two years in Torre Alta, I feel like I'm living in the US. If I really wanted peace and quiet all the time, I wouldn't have come to the DR!

irsav

Jan 26, 2019

"You likely will find the lowest price at Europa
There is a very big reason for these super low prices - CRIME.
Plaza Sosua is ten times safer. It has a solid metal gate.