Plaza Europa in Sosúa

j_d66

Nov 1, 2012
"You likely will find the lowest price at Europa
There is a very big reason for these super low prices - CRIME.
Plaza Sosua is ten times safer. It has a solid metal gate.

I have stayed at Europa several times and have never had any issues with crime there.
They have a guard posted there at night and the front desk monitors things during the day

Never stayed at Plaza Sosua so have no opinion but aren't those apartments so your kinda on your own

If there both located in basically the same area seems hard to fathom that they would be 10 times safer but whatever makes you sleep good at night

Reactions: David B

j_d66

Nov 1, 2012
Thank you! The price on airbnb at Europa is much lower, and I don't mind being three more minutes from the beach. I'm looking for a little noise, anyway. Living for two years in Torre Alta, I feel like I'm living in the US. If I really wanted peace and quiet all the time, I wouldn't have come to the DR!

My understanding is if you book Europa through Airbnb you are renting directly from the owner of that condo and that price does not include any daily maid service

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
"You likely will find the lowest price at Europa
There is a very big reason for these super low prices - CRIME.
Plaza Sosua is ten times safer. It has a solid metal gate.
That's baloney,you don't know what you are talking about....

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
I have stayed at Europa several times and have never had any issues with crime there.
They have a guard posted there at night and the front desk monitors things during the day

Never stayed at Plaza Sosua so have no opinion but aren't those apartments so your kinda on your own

If there both located in basically the same area seems hard to fathom that they would be 10 times safer but whatever makes you sleep good at night
To the rooms in Europa there is an easy access through the balcony.

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
When last time I saw both places the pool in PS was MUCH cleaner than in E. It was a major consideration why I decided not to stay in E at that time. But it was long time ago. Very possibly they improved their pool.
Another thing that I did not like about E is that Witnesses live there. And they have their services and sing together. I heard this singing even from PS that is across the street.

j_d66

Nov 1, 2012
When last time I saw both places the pool in PS was MUCH cleaner than in E. It was a major consideration why I decided not to stay in E at that time. But it was long time ago. Very possibly they improved their pool.
Another thing that I did not like about E is that Witnesses live there. And they have their services and sing together. I heard this singing even from PS that is across the street.

Not sure what you mean by that or why you would be concerned about what other witnesses have to say. Assume you are referring to them seeing you with your guests.

I have no concerns about witnesses as I have nothing to hide. Normally I get thumbs up from them.

As far as access through the balcony goes. If you stay on an inside room the balcony is within the compound one would have to have access to the inside to access the balcony of your room. When I stay on the outside I am normally on the second floor. I guess if they put that much effort into scaling a wall to get to the second floor and can than make their way into my room with a deadbolt and than bust their way into my safe to get at my valuables I might have a problem.

I guess I must be staying there during low crime periods or they dont have the ambition to do all of that.