PLD Senator: Roberto Fulcar is bluffing; only the Supreme Court of Justice can investigate his dealings at the Ministry of Education

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Roberto-Fulcar-Diario-Libre-1024x603.png

Yván Lorenzo, spokesman for the opposition party PLD in the Senate, described recent actions by former Minister of Education Roberto Fulcar as “a pantomime.” As reported in Noticias SIN, the Elías Piña senator said: “The media tour that Fulcar is doing is a pantomime because he has privileged jurisdiction.”

After Fulcar was removed from the Ministry of Education, he was named minister without portfolio. This gives him at least RD$300,000 a month in wages, plus privileged judicial jurisdiction. This means, any prosecution needs to start at the Supreme Court of Justice.

The former Minister of Education had requested on the first day he was out of office that the Chamber of Accounts carry out an audit of his mandate in the Ministry of Education. The next day, on Wednesday, 10 August he was at the Anti-Corruption Agency of the Attorney General (Pepca) to deliver documentation...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

JD Jones

Moderator - Covid 19 in DR & North Coast
Jan 7, 2016
The President has his hands full with this one. I wish him well.

JD Jones

Moderator - Covid 19 in DR & North Coast
Jan 7, 2016
So you think Furcal has something on Luis? Why else is he not shit-canning this guy?

I believe they are long time friends. I think people are going to complain about him being a Minister without a job.