PLD tops guns arrested

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
The cynic in me believes that these hotshots will get a year to 18 months custody imprisonment, then they'll negotiate with the PGR, and agree to give back some cash, then they'll be released and charges will be dropped.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
More political arrests..it is so obvious that there a deal has been made not to go after any of the people from previous administrations. It is what happens in most Latin countries .

Pikobello

Nov 12, 2020
Santo Domingo
They all got really rich in those 16 years of PLD government.( Like many others) You can't earn such a lot of money only by getting your salary for this time.
They make a lot of buisness using their posicion.
But what I'm asking me, will they touch Danilo too, after all he was President in those times the accused were ministers.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Absolutely correct!

He was known as EL PENCO... for his intellect and other peculiarities, and über-rich but sharp as a sack of wet mice.

We were sitting in a restaurant in Santo Domingo waiting for our food when I read JD’s OP. I handed Mr AE my phone and said “read this”. His eyes went wide and he said “El Penco????” I asked him if he thought Danilo was next, but he thinks he’s like Balaguer….corruption stopped at his door too. Always the underlings misbehaving and getting blame.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
During 7 years of Danilo Medina's 8-year mandate, El Penco served as the Minister of Public Works and Communications (MOPC).
He owns several companies in several countries, in addition to Helidosa Aviation Group, the charter flight flight outfit.

Reactions: CristoRey

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
During 7 years of Danilo Medina's 8-year mandate, El Penco served as the Minister of Public Works and Communications (MOPC).
He owns several companies in several countries, in addition to Helidosa Aviation Group, the charter flight flight outfit.
He's a heavy weight. My guess is he'll be held for a short time then released. People around my neighborhood refer to him as a "mafiso" but of course I've no idea whether or this to be true.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
He's a heavy weight. My guess is he'll be held for a short time then released.
He was the then-ruling party's candidate during the 2020 presidential election.

Since former president Danilo Medina failed (thanks to a phone call from U.S. Sec. of Sate, Mike Pompeo) in his attempt to change the Constitution and seek a third mandate, Medina decided to lend his support to Gonzalo over other, better qualified internal PLD candidates, including former president Leonel Fernández.

El Penco won its party's primaries over Fernández, who bolted and formed his own party, La Fuerza del Pueblo, but not before accusing the winning faction of cheating in the form of software manipulation. Some would say that this division weakened the PLD, and propelled the PRM to power in the general election.

It was rumored then that El Penco's net worth had grown thirtyfold during Medina's last term, 2016-2020, from around US$9 million to over US$300 million.

Reactions: CristoRey

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Anyone who goes from 9 Million at that stage in his Life to 300 Mil 4 years Later is obviously corrupt to the Bone, imagine what those around him are making for his CUT is 294 Million... these kind of Sociopaths need to be in Prison for Life and all their Money Confiscated .

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Anyone who goes from 9 Million at that stage in his Life to 300 Mil 4 years Later is obviously corrupt to the Bone, imagine what those around him are making for his CUT is 294 Million... these kind of Sociopaths need to be in Prison for Life and all their Money Confiscated .
I suspect he'll pay a very heavy price for his "get out of jail" card. That has been the method they've been using with others.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
He was the then-ruling party's candidate during the 2020 presidential election.

Since former president Danilo Medina failed (thanks to a phone call from U.S. Sec. of Sate, Mike Pompeo) in his attempt to change the Constitution and seek a third mandate, Medina decided to lend his support to Gonzalo over other, better qualified internal PLD candidates, including former president Leonel Fernández.

El Penco won its party's primaries over Fernández, who bolted and formed his own party, La Fuerza del Pueblo, but not before accusing the winning faction of cheating in the form of software manipulation. Some would say that this division weakened the PLD, and propelled the PRM to power in the general election.

It was rumored then that El Penco's net worth had grown thirtyfold during Medina's last term, 2016-2020, from around US$9 million to over US$300 million.
I am well aware of who El Penco is. My next door neighbor was heavily involved in his election campaign and will be working on Abel's run for office in 2024.
When it comes to his wealth, I hear he's worth around a cool half a billion.

Reactions: Lucifer

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
What comes around goes around.
2023-03-20 (2).png

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
The video?
To be expected.
El Penco is an old school heavy weight. I was surprised there were no shots fired at the PN during this incident.