Police action down the side street from Janet's in Cabarete

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Frankie G endorsed this place Otra Cosa , not the hooker joint

I hate to blow over 500 DOP on a plate.....
I value 'value'...... some call me cheap
They have a poor vocabulary.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Bad reviews for Otra Cosa

Hooker Joint closed

What's left ??

Sorry state of affairs.......

Just when I am starting an earnest search for full time nurses....
When I need 'care'.... in my final years.....

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Bad reviews for Otra Cosa

Hooker Joint closed

What's left ??

Sorry state of affairs.......

Just when I am starting an earnest search for full time nurses....
When I need 'care'.... in my final years.....

Life sucks and then you die?

Sosua is for hookers? (Remember the hooker joint relocated to Playa Laguna.)

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
Elvis's place was a quaint little bar and restaurant. And you DO have to go past it to get to the Velero. My wife and I have been dining there for the past dozen years or so. Good ribs. He always had one table with three or four available chicas. Very passive. Never saw a girl approach a monger. A well run little place.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Elvis's place was a quaint little bar and restaurant. And you DO have to go past it to get to the Velero. My wife and I have been dining there for the past dozen years or so. Good ribs. He always had one table with three or four available chicas. Very passive. Never saw a girl approach a monger. A well run little place.

Thank you Tom..... you DO pass it to enter Valero.

When I went to Valero, I would take a left turn just before the Janet's parking lot, go a few hundred yards and park in Valero's parking lot. It seems that was just me. I did not even pass the end of Janet's entire building before taking that left.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Perhaps Elvis will copy that format in the new Sosua location.

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
When I went to Valero, I would take a left turn just before the Janet's parking lot, go a few hundred yards and park in Valero's parking lot. It seems that was just me. I did not even pass the end of Janet's entire building before taking that left.
If you stay at the Valero and you have a car, that is where you would go. If you are going directly to their reception area, you would go straight past Elvis's place. Pretty much right across the street.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Literally right across the street from valero. Have had beers there a few times. Never had a chica bother me. Years back at the end of that road was a restaurant owned by guy from argentina. Decent steak and right on the water. Last trip we ate ate valero and the restaurant was also pretty good. I think elvis may have been the novio of an amiga of mine from la vega.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Did not know the place since I always drive to Velero. Wonder how long the new "house" will last in Sosua.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com

One could take the first left to the Velero parking lot never passing this place if one is by car. When on foot one passes by the place towards the reception of Velero.

Always glad to help.

visitante

Jun 5, 2010
Some facts. Elvis has been saying for some time that he needed to move his operation. And he was obviously completely prepared to make the move to Playa Laguna smoothly. His operation has been tolerated by authorities and the community for ages (with the exception of the individual who owns investment property next door and is currently the Regional Director for MITUR). You could even see Politur sitting around the tables at times. But times have changed and he was told he better get ready to move.
Some speculation. Elvis would not have chosen his new location without assurance from authorities that it was sufficiently far away from Cabarete and Sosua centers and that he would not be hassled. So where might the new zone of tolerance be that authorities have been talking about the past several years?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Some facts. Elvis has been saying for some time that he needed to move his operation. And he was obviously completely prepared to make the move to Playa Laguna smoothly. His operation has been tolerated by authorities and the community for ages (with the exception of the individual who owns investment property next door and is currently the Regional Director for MITUR). You could even see Politur sitting around the tables at times. But times have changed and he was told he better get ready to move.
Some speculation. Elvis would not have chosen his new location without assurance from authorities that it was sufficiently far away from Cabarete and Sosua centers and that he would not be hassled. So where might the new zone of tolerance be that authorities have been talking about the past several years?

This is another confirmation that there is a concerted effort to reduce the "image" of prostitution in tourist areas. Playa Laguna is an area you would be highly unlikely to enter unless you had a reason to go there.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010

I don't know what the location in Playa Laguna is.
However the main area of Playa Laguna has upscale villas and condos.
By the ocean across from the condos, there is also a connecting path to Sosua Ocean Village.
Owners in the area include lawyers and other well to do people.
They will not take kindly to this type of operation close to them.

si225

Dec 26, 2012
By the ocean across from the condos, there is also a connecting path to Sosua Ocean Village.

Lawyers? They will be sneaking across that path in large numbers :)

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Time will tell on how successful the new location is. Where ever it is in that region, it is far more remote than it was before. That alone does not bode well for its success. If the neighborhood becomes hostile, then their tenure in the new location will be very short.

We had someone try to do such a business in our development. They advertised on the Internet. They were quickly discovered by authorities and essentially gone before they began. All that without hardly anyone even hearing about it over a year ago.