Police involved in murder case

LatinoRican

Apr 11, 2004
According to todays ElCaribe.com.do :: Portada two policemen are under arrest for the murder of Jack Phillips in the Santo Domino area. An accomplice turned himself over to the authorities and confessed to having buried the body under the floor in one of the bedrooms. God help us all and save us from
undue police "interventions." Reads: SE ENTREGA UNO LIGADO A CRIMEN

Last edited:
Reactions: mike l

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
wow this is awful....i hope they catch everyone involved in this terrible crime. Makes me wonder also about this neighborhood, one of the nicest in la capital and look at the ish that goes on behind closed doors. My eyes are wide open whenever I go back, never had a good feeling about Gazcue.....sheesh

Reactions: mike l

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Its so easy to catch corrupt cops with undercover sting operations. Too bad there is no real will to do so.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Thanks dv. Member Marianopolita had also pointed out to me where story was. You know I tried copying that address and was unsuccessful.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
"Police involved in murder case???"

Where do I find the information that the police is involved in the murder?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
"por el caso tambi?n hay dos polic?as detenidos."
my spanish is not good enough to understand the whole story 100% but this is the only place in the text where the police is mentioned...
so someone please confirm?

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
"por el caso tambi?n hay dos polic?as detenidos."
my spanish is not good enough to understand the whole story 100% but this is the only place in the text where the police is mentioned...
so someone please confirm?

The guy Mart?nez that (se entreg?) to the police said he is the one that dig the hole. It is not said why 2 police officers are detained.

Could it be that Mart?nez said he dig the hole on the officers request ???

LatinoRican

Apr 11, 2004
In online listindiario.com.do "Entregan hombre acusado asesinar americano Gazcue" It says that the suspected murderer turned himself over to the police in Constanza for fear of being killed himself. Go figure!

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
In online listindiario.com.do "Entregan hombre acusado asesinar americano Gazcue" It says that the suspected murderer turned himself over to the police in Constanza for fear of being killed himself. Go figure!

Seems to me the guy knows to much. Afraid of being killed by whom ?? Could be by the Phillips murderers !!!!! As you said, go figure!!!!!

martyphillips

Feb 4, 2009
I can't find anything about this, but I heard that one of the police possibly involved was shot?? has anyone read anything about this in the local papers?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com

gmiller261

Dec 29, 2002
Lambada

You can get my blood boiling.

But again, I appreciate you tying up the loose ends.

BTW, what ever happened in the case of that man who owned a farm outside of Puerto Plata and was shot in his car?

Feb 7, 2007
I was about to post the info in Diario Libre but could not find the thrads that were dealing with the case in the past.

What a sad, sad conclusion. So in most instances the DR is lawless, but now the DR judges want to play Miranda game?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
You can get my blood boiling.

But again, I appreciate you tying up the loose ends.

BTW, what ever happened in the case of that man who owned a farm outside of Puerto Plata and was shot in his car?

No it isn't me who gets your blood boiling, it is some of the information I post. But people need to know reality, good and bad. After a while the 'boiling' on these issues settles down in favour of action, however small & seemingly unimportant, to effect change. This is where referring matters to investigative journalists and others outside of the country can be useful. If you ever do this, gmiller, my advice would be to never ask for the outcome until it is in the public domain - if it ever reaches that.

Your question about the man with the farm outside of Puerto Plata should really have been posted in this thread
http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/55205-my-father-murdered-today-15.html
(otherwise people reading years later get confused). I see from that thread that you already know about the innocent employee being arrested, spending a year in jail and when the case came to Court it was thrown out for lack of evidence - quite correctly: there was no evidence because he wasn't the guilty party. Luckily I did not know the identities of the killers (small town and it wouldn't have been the safest knowledge to have) but there were always suspicions about some members of a certain august public order body. In an unconnected incident two such members were arrested, stripped of their rank and fired and I believe were due to come to Court for prosecution on this unconnected incident. Regrettably that Court appearance never took place, rendered impossible as it was by their own preceding funerals. So IF they were the people involved, we are never likely to know. However, you could always contact the family of the deceased man concerned, in case they have more up-to-date information. In fact you have doubtless already done so, since that suggestion was made to you back in 2007 on that other thread.

Now, I suggest we keep this thread for the latest news on the alleged killers of Jack Phillips, who have been released. The deceased man's sister has posted on the Monaga blog that her family could no longer afford to pay the fees which the lawyers wanted to keep the alleged killers in jail. Is this a more likely explanation, rubio_higuey, than the Miranda games?

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
that's why the usual methods of the ""beating the heck out of low level involved suspects"" has only limited Value for a case.
it has all Value to gather Intel to get leads towards 'what happened',
but then cut'em loose, they been perfect to scare and by that gain info,
but then go on and follow the given leads.
at the Moment the beaten ones confess it is mostly not more than the usual breakdown under "questioning sessions" with the bad guys still walking the streets looking for the 'next Deal to run".
at least we have an other case where the Court brought to light that the wrong Guys been in Jail, even that I know that it does not mean they been completely innocent/uninvolved in the surroundings of the Crime.
for the Families of a Victim sure I know nothing of such helps, because as a matter of fact the murderers are Free and can even look for the next Victim to follow.

in the Past the outcome of such cases been simply that the wrong Guys stayed in jail til the last breath, no Court cared a sh$$t about the case, and the Bad Boys been still out on the streets to look for the next "quincena".

Winds of change.

Yes,
it will take a much longer Time than I will have left to be on the Isle to see it finally "changed".
where ever on the world single persons/small sections of authorities etc have locally near unlimited Powers, exactly there such things happen.
a free Press and a independent judgement of facts/Court is one way to Face such things.
we still miss the Point where the country is ready to publically say
"""YES, Chief ....... allowed to let ..... drive his Drugs through Town and Commander ... will go to Jail for assisting""".

winds of change.

still a long way to go before we reach those Trade Winds.

Mike