Police Killed and stations over run

Michael DR

Banned
Jun 7, 2020
Earth
And the wall Israel has?

Not really, the wall isn't complete but complete it would be very effective, just as the Israelis wall is effective. If you have ever been to the Vatican you would know that its walls are very effectives as well. Why is it offensive, good fences make for good neighbours.

I've been to the Vatican, and lots of other places Bob. Why assume the worst about people?

Israel's wall is more or less complete. The US/Mex wall is far from it and I doubt it will ever be complete. It "leaks like a sieve", there have been numerous tunnels discovered, and is of much of a deterrent.

Israel's wall is illegal and they are willing to break the law and use rockets etc...to decimate apartment buildings defending it. I don't see much similarities to the proposed Dominican wall. The DR can barely keep the lights on and it takes forever to build roads that are soon unusable. A wall is not the answer. DIPLOMACY is.

Goliath94K

Sep 30, 2013
I've been to the Vatican, and lots of other places Bob. Why assume the worst about people?

Israel's wall is more or less complete. The US/Mex wall is far from it and I doubt it will ever be complete. It "leaks like a sieve", there have been numerous tunnels discovered, and is of much of a deterrent.

Israel's wall is illegal and they are willing to break the law and use rockets etc...to decimate apartment buildings defending it. I don't see much similarities to the proposed Dominican wall. The DR can barely keep the lights on and it takes forever to build roads that are soon unusable. A wall is not the answer. DIPLOMACY is.
Diplomacy only works when dealing with fairly civilized countries, Haiti is NOT civilized.. not even close. How can you make deals or work with a government that never honors its deals and is always on the brink of complete collapse?
Personally TO ME the "Haitian government" does not exist and haiti as a country is a figment of imagination.

Abinader and the new top ranks in the Armed Forces see whats coming and are already making moves to purchase the required equipment and tech. The past "governments" of the PLD had even stopped giving our soldiers proper training which is now being resumed.
Guerra avisada no mata soldado

Reactions: bob saunders

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Worrisome indeed…
It will get worst, much worst…

Attachments

• DDA606FE-E6A6-46EA-A389-ACD56AB77139.jpeg
    DDA606FE-E6A6-46EA-A389-ACD56AB77139.jpeg
    600.6 KB · Views: 173

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

Diplomacy requires acceptance and compromise by both sides.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
The Great Wall of China could not keep Haitians out of the DR....just like the "wall" between Mexico and the USofA is but an expensive, offensive joke.
I'm not a geographic genius but I'm guessing the Great Wall of China can't keep out the Haitians is because it's in China.
Walls work. Built them with turrets in case you have to go to plan B. Think old school castles. Firing at the enemy from an elevated position works.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
mountainannie .I have read your reports and comments for many many years and your kindness and thoughtfulness for others shine through them and I can imagine the stress the situation must be causing you and added to this are the postings here that are cruel and surely must add to your dismay. I am not a francophile but I hope that I can go to my grave saying that I lived a good christian life . After the massive earthquake in Haiti, I housed some teenage orphans in my house in Zona Colonial, which I no longer have and I found them good well educated people. Likewise I have found the Haitian construction workers decent people but desperately poor. The situation is that Dominicans are for the most part uneducated and poor without strong leadership and the USA,GB and France are all inward looking and reducing foreign aid.It is for that reason that China sees an opportunity to step into the gap as the shining prince.I can offer you no assistance about what you wish to know and no solution that would be acceptable to RD but I just wanted to say to you ,chin up, my dear and God be with you.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Here we go. Blaming everyone except Haiti for their problems. They are all such honest hard working people ,wouldn't hurt a fly and live at the foot of the cross ( or voodoo doll). Maybe one day they will realize that they will need to learn a language that someone other than a street person can understand.

Reactions: melphis

Lafcadio

Jun 5, 2006

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Why so many homes have walls, iron gates and barbed wires limiting their property?

Even a better question is why people against a border wall don't do themselves a favor by destroying the walls surrounding their house? This always left me perplexed.

"Walls don't work!" he types. Then he remembers that he forgot to close and secure the gate to his house and don't forget making sure all the security cameras work too. Excuse him while steps away from the computer to do those things. :unsure:

“To know what people really think, pay attention to what they do, rather than what they say.”​

― Descartes

Last edited:

Michael DR

Banned
Jun 7, 2020
Earth
And the wall Israel has?

My neighborhood is awash in Haitians, as we speak there are about 10 on the sidewalk....on the positive side most of the stray cats have vanished.....
In my experience Haitians are some of the best and nicest people in the DR ;)

That is to say that the best of the Dominican populace and the best of the Haitians in the DR have a lot in common and not that many differences, the obvious excepted.

Michael DR

Banned
Jun 7, 2020
Earth
I'm not a geographic genius but I'm guessing the Great Wall of China can't keep out the Haitians is because it's in China.
Walls work. Built them with turrets in case you have to go to plan B. Think old school castles. Firing at the enemy from an elevated position works.
Clearly you're no genius LOL

The last thing Hispaniola, La RD and Haiti need is old school war tactics.

The DR could effectively minimize travel between the 2 countries using the current border if they chose to. Of course they'd have to stop the bribes, properly monitor and "defend" the border but not by killing.

Allowing the current levels of travel and "immigration" is a choice.

Reactions: drstock

Michael DR

Banned
Jun 7, 2020
Earth
You've got to have a better source than his, Bobbie ;)

Michael DR

Banned
Jun 7, 2020
Earth
More about border security with Haiti than a wall however a wall is being built in some areas to slow the flow and channel the illegals into areas which will be reinforced with additional personnel. If that doesn't help to stop the problem
I suppose they could always take the Egyptian approach.
Please elaborate

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
You've got to have a better source than his, Bobbie ;)
so what, Washington Post, CNN, NYTimes...etc all have a strong progressive bias. Are the facts wrong?

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Clearly you're no genius LOL

The last thing Hispaniola, La RD and Haiti need is old school war tactics.

The DR could effectively minimize travel between the 2 countries using the current border if they chose to. Of course they'd have to stop the bribes, properly monitor and "defend" the border but not by killing.

Allowing the current levels of travel and "immigration" is a choice.
When they destroy the last of the shit hole called Haiti and start heading our way, can we send you out there to use your diplomacy skills to bring peace to the land.

Keep in mind these will be whats left of the savages that have killed, raped, and pillaged the country. That should be no problem for you and your diplomacy skills as diplomacy works.

In the mean time we will be sitting on the wall to help you out, hopefully before they behead you and do that weird voodoo shit to your corpse.