Police raided the Li'l League field today

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I just received word that the police shut down the field today.It's not the first time they have paid a visit. The last time the kids took off running to their homes as everybody lives close by. Today (as I understand it) everybody got a little testing and there was some pushing and shoving. I'll know more about this next week when I'm there.
So, what do we have now?? No school, no baseball, little food, no money. Que mas? :cry: They told the coach (my caddy and playing partner) they will be keeping eye on him. That's going to be easy. He goes to church just about every night. LOL.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Its a large property Has two diamonds and about 50-60 linear feet of bleachers. About 10 rows high.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I just received word that the police shut down the field today.It's not the first time they have paid a visit. The last time the kids took off running to their homes as everybody lives close by. Today (as I understand it) everybody got a little testing and there was some pushing and shoving. I'll know more about this next week when I'm there.
So, what do we have now?? No school, no baseball, little food, no money. Que mas? :cry: They told the coach (my caddy and playing partner) they will be keeping eye on him. That's going to be easy. He goes to church just about every night. LOL.

I feel oh so much safer!!!

• Haha
Reactions: melphis

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Aren't children normally asymptomatic ?

They are BIG spreaders for small people......
I f I remember my reading correctly..... they can be dangerous little rascals

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
"The police shut down", I'm laughing at my own words that I used here. Maybe these words came for my reading the Sosua tread too much? Perhaps the police get training down here with the 6 y.o. crowd before they are shipped up north to deal with the big boys. :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: NanSanPedro

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017

johne, I warned you of this in private messages.
At the time, it was best to advance with a yellow signal.
Now? Full red.
Do not bring more attention to yourself at the current time.
Your heart/wallet are in the right place, but current times with this Covid nonsense are tough upon all.
It will almost always be the foreigner who calls/reports/alerts local authorities.....not the local residents who you wish to do good by.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
johne, I warned you of this in private messages.
At the time, it was best to advance with a yellow signal.
Now? Full red.
Do not bring more attention to yourself at the current time.
Your heart/wallet are in the right place, but current times with this Covid nonsense are tough upon all.
It will almost always be the foreigner who calls/reports/alerts local authorities.....not the local residents who you wish to do good by.
Clearly not the locals. I think they started the pushing and shoving. We are going to plan B starting next week. Private space. Small kids only. Large patio space in barrio. T ball swings and exer

Reactions: Caonabo

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
It's not the fault of the police. They are doing their job is the way I look at it. I and the coach need to figure it out. And, we will.

Reactions: JD Jones

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Baseball is a fairly well spread out sport position wise except for the dugouts. There must be a way to play and not greatly increase player exposure to illness. Tagging runners out will always be a bit of an issue. Basemen in masks would be hot and uncomfortable but the outfielders and the pitcher should be fine without one. Outdoors, it's all about distance and to a lessor extent the direction of the wind and being close enough to someone else to get covered in their exhaled droplets. "We" have to get serious about reducing the infection rate. if that means baseball has to be suspended until we figure out how to do it safely, then so be it. We are all being asked to make some personal liberty sacrifices for the common good. We can't have these young players taking this disease home with them from the field after a voluntary leisure activity. That does no one any good.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Sounds like overkill to me.

Our grandsons play travel baseball in NJ. The governor allowed practices and playing to resume late July. Since then, the umpire stands behind the pitcher instead of behind the catcher, some interesting calls. At some tournaments, everyone is required to wear a mask unless they’re on the field. At others, no requirements.

I made these for the 14U team to make it kind of fun.

2CF9E362-782B-4099-8101-F2E2396AA337.jpeg

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Where I am in Canada, we have about 25+ ice arenas which look to be operating with 25+ different covid protocols. Should be interesting.