Police reports death of 25 in clashes with agents

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Policia-patrullaje-Diario-Libre.png

The National Police reports the death of six criminals wanted on warrants for everything from homicide to assault with deadly weapons in just one 24-hour period over the weekend. This brings to 25 the number of persons who have been killed over the past two months in what reporters always call, with quotation marks, “armed confrontations” with police patrols.

Not surprisingly, all of the deceased are said to have long rap sheets, with one including some three homicide charges, still on the streets.

At the same time, the same police source revealed that for the first time in several years, there had been 72 hours without and civilian fatalities at the hands of criminal elements.

The details of the latest shootings seem repetitious at best. Every person shot has a police record for violent criminal acts, and all had arrest warrants for their apprehension. None were over the age...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
I suppose that this is a classic case of the expression...Does the end justify the means.... a never ending debate .

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
These deaths are more effective than quadrant patrolling to rid the streets of undesirables. President Abinader and Major General Then are saying little, if anything, about it.

Regards,

PJT

Reactions: Big

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I am OK with the police shooting to kill armed and violent criminals. And any person who committed 3 homicides still on the streets tells me the system isn't working well.
I would rather have an aggressive police force than revolving-door, no-bail system like NYC.

One added note if criminals are gunned down early in their violent careers they are removed from the gene pool.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
These deaths are more effective than quadrant patrolling to rid the streets of undesirables. President Abinader and Major General Then are saying little, if anything, about it.

Regards,

PJT
Abinader said a whole lot about it 3 weeks ago in a national televised speech.
He said they are going to rid these streets of crime and (for those of us who know how to read between the lines) he basically gave the police a green light.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Abinader said a whole lot about it 3 weeks ago in a national televised speech.
He said they are going to rid these streets of crime and (for those of us who know how to read between the lines) he basically gave the police a green light.
Give them a big bright one then

Reactions: Big

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I saw a picture of a dead kid with 6 handbags on his arms. Good riddance.
One of the lawyers I have used has had her handbag swiped off her arm at gunpoint in SD on two occasions.
She says now she doesn't carry her credit cards or cell phone in her handbag.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
The old days of cat and mouse policing are coming to an end.
disorderly crowds in the streets are criminals. Most law-abiding citizens see that nonsense and immediately leave the area. Which means the people that are there are hooligans

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
disorderly crowds in the streets are criminals. Most law-abiding citizens see that nonsense and immediately leave the area. Which means the people that are there are hooligans
Have you any idea how big Cien Fuegos is?
That's a lot of criminals.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Have you any idea how big Cien Fuegos is?
That's a lot of criminals.
guess there are a lot of hooligans in that area. Only a loser remains when the P.D are attempting to clear the street. They are asking for trouble.