Policing Tourists

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
That's the reality of living in a developing country where the wage paid to police is pathetically low. Many of these people figure if the DR Gov. won't pay them a living wage than they will use their position to enhance it. When you live in a country with a lot of "haves" and "have nots" then what do you expect will happen?

100% aGREED.
Though I do think anyone who decides to vacation here
outside of the AI's should be advised.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I understand what Mayor LT is saying...

but the number of expat haves is a relatively low number compared to the have nots.

And the tourists rarely - if ever- pay

Read the earlier posts...
the Big Wigs in SD and elsewhere pull out the $$ to get that great service... as I would.

When a tourist flounders - who pays then ??
That's the gist of my thread here.

Can be a BIG number.... for a foolhardy excursion on the part of a drunken or unaware tourist
and the system = as it exists now - is ill equipped to satisfy the demands of the global media
when a tourist runs into trouble

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
= as it exists now - is ill equipped to satisfy the demands of the global media
when a tourist runs into trouble

I didn't realize people still listened to the "global media" as a trusted source
for news. The only international media I've ever seen down here conducting
an "investigation" to get the facts ain't worth the read. Besides, the locals down
here do a really good job of keeping a lid on things and sweeping dirt under the
rug. Hello tourist, buyer beware.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The last tourist 'episode' here - a dunk in the drink - was touted to be driven by foreign involvement...
Media, FBI, and so on.

We see it all the time - news gets back to the home country and the media gets into gear.
Publicity (bad) follows..... usually