Politics dictates government actions

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Pasajeros-llegada-El-Dia-e1593701295282.jpg

Editor’s thoughts by Dolores Vicioso

The good news is that the Dominican Republic has opened to tourism smack in the final week of the presidential and congressional election. It is happening while the ruling party is trying to hang on to its 16 consecutive years in government. The polls say at best they will keep control of the Senate.

The DR is also reopening to tourism at a time when almost all of its source markets have been hard hit by Covid-19. Decisions need to be taken, but politics seems to be the priority right now. The government has restricted social, economic and recreational activities to 8pm, as per the only press release on the new rules on the Ministry of Public Health website. But the spokesman for the Public Health Minister says restaurants can stay open until 10pm. It could be that politicians need the extra time to feverishly try to convince the...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I never said there was. However red state is a conservative publication and Giuliani is a conservative. Thus my surprise.

I believe Giuliani is involved with a global consulting form, and not limited to one specific client. I could be wrong.