Poor little lambs

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
A truly heartbreaking story. Mum goes out to work, leaves her 3 kids locked in door padlocked. Gas leak, one of the kids (I presume the 12 year old) tries to light the stove. Whole place goes up, kids' bodies are found under the bed where I presume they burnt to death. So much wrong with this. Tragic that there is no childcare available and mum finds the need to lock the kids in on their own - I have heard this happen so many times in DR it feels like what so many working mothers do, as wrong as it feels to us expats. I read that neighbours tried to smash the door down and there are videos circulating where you can clearly hear the screams of the kids burning to death. By the time the firemen arrived it was too late. I just can't imagine how horrific the last few mins would have been for the kids. Horrible horrible story.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
People are asking on social media why it is possible for someone to find a phone to film this but not possible for someone to find a hammer to smash the padlock.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
People are asking on social media why it is possible for someone to find a phone to film this but not possible for someone to find a hammer to smash the padlock.
While living in La Joya there was a similar situation one evening around 11:30pm at night.
Two Dominican kids locked inside a small apartment when the bedroom caught fire.
I watched a group of Haitians and Dominicans break down the door and pull both of those
kids to safety. Damn shame no one did the same for these poor children.
I'm guessing it happened very fast due to the explosion. RIP.

Reactions: MariaRubia