windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
wait a miniute.....PUJ is the biggest tourist airport in the country
Actually, biggest - Period

and it will open ??

sounds contradictory to me
plus... you bet they'll open that airport.... it drives the tourism bus
Nothing contradictory. The answer is simple. PUJ is not owned by Aerodom like the airports mentioned in the article I posted. Aerodom therefor is not
concerned with the PUJ airport:

Punta Cana International Airport
puntacanainternationalairport.com
Punta Cana International Airport is a privately owned commercial airport in Punta Cana, eastern Dominican Republic. The airport is built with open-air terminals with their roofs covered in palm fronds. Grupo PuntaCana built the airport, which was designed by architect Oscar Imbert, and inaugurated it in December 1983.Wikipedia
Airport type Public-private
Owner/Operator Punta Cana Resort and Club/Grupo Punta Cana
Serves Punta Cana, Higüey

Reactions: Caonabo

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I would be SHOCKED if these Chicas are not " working" the sympathy angle with this Corona Pandemic ..
How many Abuelas need some Medicine money ,, or a Bentilator ..... Them W/U Girls are making some serious Bank right now.
The Corp Execs at JET BLUE are even Jealous .
and I heard that Western Union just RAISED THEIR RATES a couple months back . lmao ...
but as to the OT.. if this Airport does not open til 2021,. the Jet Blue Boys will have moved on , because Other countries WILL open up first,
and IMHO they will NOT be flying into Santiago to take a Bus ...that is just too complicated for them .
Santo Domingo./ Boca Chica will be getting 90% of whatever business they would have brought back to the North Coast ..
I just dont see BUSES and BUSES of Dudes coming from Santiago to Sosua on Caribe or Metro .
The odds are very much against it .

Reactions: CristoRey and Big

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I would be SHOCKED if these Chicas are not " working" the sympathy angle with this Corona Pandemic ..
How many Abuelas need some Medicine money ,, or a Bentilator ..... Them W/U Girls are making some serious Bank right now.
and I heard that Western Union just RAISED THEIR RATES a couple months back . lmao ...
but as to the OT.. if this Airport does not open til 2021,. the Jet Blue Boys will have moved on , because Other countries WILL open up first,
and IMHO they will NOT be flying into Santiago to take a Bus ...that is just too complicated for them .
Santo Domingo./ Boca Chica will be getting 90% of whatever business they would have brought back to the North Coast ..
I just dont see BUSES and BUSES of Dudes coming from Santiago to Sosua on Caribe or Metro .

As a resident of Boca Chica, I hope you're wrong. We have enough and don't need anymore.

Reactions: jd426

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
They tend to come down here in groups. No bus. Four of them in a private van taxi for $25 each. No problem!

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Ah, "they" will Save Sosua for sure. No doubt. They might have to use other airports but when the floodgates open on July 1 they will cum and raise the level of Sosua higher than ever. :p:D I am surprised "they" have not taken "yolas" to get here already.

As for the comments on China: China has a long term plan around the world. They have patience and perseverance in that plan. Patience and perseverance are not something that is appreciated in the DR. CV-19 will be in the rear view mirror in a year or two, save for some flare ups via waves because of social distancing.
I don't think China will know what to do when their money no longer buys them a welcome mat.
Most people don't socialize with Chinese, because they are not sociable people.
So they won't blend into certain societies, they might just be the shop owners who you may occasionally see at the supermarket, but not on the beach or nights out on the town, unless they are in large Asian groups.
I don't think China has a real good plan. They will eventually meat more resistance and particularity inside their own country

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017

Ah, the resurgence of Boca Chica after such a long time..

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
And more than likely, with buns in the oven.

Yes, there will probably be a mini Baby Boom 2020 Dominican version. Nothing like the World Wide Baby Boom after WWII though. That was under different circumstances, good economies, etc. The Dom Covid Baby Boom will be due to being stuck at home and boredom. There's only so many ways to entertain yourself without Netflix and AC.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
I hope POP does open for business soon, as it's an important link for the tourists and expat immigrants living out there. It's hard for me to justify flying into, as a $700 ticket there can be had for $500 through STI or $350-ish via SDQ. No biggie, as I enjoy driving, even with the crazy roads out there.

And, anyplace mongers congregate can easily become a "cesspool." It's not a place so much as the people and the practices. DR is an AMAZING country, if you bother to take the time to get to know the place.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Yes, there will probably be a mini Baby Boom 2020 Dominican version. Nothing like the World Wide Baby Boom after WWII though. That was under different circumstances, good economies, etc. The Dom Covid Baby Boom will be due to being stuck at home and boredom. There's only so many ways to entertain yourself without Netflix and AC.
When is there not a baby boom in this
country. For some of these women, getting
pregnant is like a sport.

spanky27312

Dec 7, 2008
Bumped up from Friday May 22nd (passed) to Friday June 5th. Checked Sunday morning online, AA says its a go, we'll see what happens.
My reservations are jun 29th.... still there.
Customer service said will notify 72hrs before if flight is cancelled..... I’am getting a refund....takes 5 to 6 weeks.
Not going to dr until 2021..... maybe never go back.
I read we’re 87% only fly once a year..... airline s might lose a large percentage of them.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
My reservations are jun 29th.... still there.
Customer service said will notify 72hrs before if flight is cancelled..... I’am getting a refund....takes 5 to 6 weeks.
Not going to dr until 2021..... maybe never go back.
I read we’re 87% only fly once a year..... airline s might lose a large percentage of them.
I live down here in DR.
Going to FL where life is normal
(as possible) for a month or two
flying back probably late August.

Reactions: spanky27312

northcoaster

Mar 18, 2019
The problem with redirecting to an airport that may open before POP is if the Government will require for you to mandatory quarantine in the arrival city for 14 days....... That extra hour (road time) turn into 1 hour and 14 days....

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Pretty soon all this quarantine, closed airports and masks will be forgotten like a f*rt at an outdoor bar.
People are already beginning to realize we were duped.
All you who are still wringing your hands over 100,000 dead from Covid 19 - it didn't work ....life will soon return to normal and some politicians will pay a heavy price for trying to stall the world economy for political gain.
POP will be open in full by fall