POP-EWR, Feb 10

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Had an interesting flight Thursday...

Incoming flight was late.... departing flight was a light load, so we boarded & left only 10 minutes late.

Once in the air, we had to fly below the usual 35,000.... and swung out over the Atlantic.
The captain announced the changes were due to a Cape Canaveral launch.

On arrival, I had all the forms & presented them....
Upon leaving, I was randomly stopped and interrogated about my tests -
Had to show my passport, My vax proof and my negative Covid letter..... luckily, I still had it !!

Travel ain't easy....
next up a trip to Canada - $139US for the PCR test.....
Canada is considering dropping that soon... vax only

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Had an interesting flight Thursday...

Incoming flight was late.... departing flight was a light load, so we boarded & left only 10 minutes late.

Once in the air, we had to fly below the usual 35,000.... and swung out over the Atlantic.
The captain announced the changes were due to a Cape Canaveral launch.

On arrival, I had all the forms & presented them....
Upon leaving, I was randomly stopped and interrogated about my tests -
Had to show my passport, My vax proof and my negative Covid letter..... luckily, I still had it !!

Travel ain't easy....
Are you home for the Caravan? Time to get the 1977 Mack out of storage W!

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Are you home for the Caravan? Time to get the 1977 Mack out of storage W!

Travel ain't easy....
The latest speculation that I have read seems to suggest that travelers to Canada will need a rapid antigen test like the one currently required to enter the USA. It's possible the Govt will announce next week the elimination of the pre-arrival test completely, but I doubt it. These antigen tests are easier and cheaper to get here in the DR so this will be good news for those affected and will make getting ready to travel off the island a bit easier assuming the Govt will continues to allow 72 hours before boarding a flight to have the test done. Waiting to see what happens. An official announcement is expected late next week to come into effect for March.

Reactions: AlaPlaya

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014

Different source, different speculation. Link outlining that an antigen test may be the new requirement. We just have to wait and see what this new policy will be.