Popular beach unfit for swimming

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Does this surprise anyone?...............

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
" unfit for kids".
You will be fine.

Anyone know if the water in Sosua Bay ever gets tested?
Then again maybe we do not want to know.

• Wow
Reactions: CristoRey

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
I have only been to BC once and never again the water did not seem clean and to top it all I was sitting having food at a waterfront retaurant and one of the working girls picked up a punter and went off behind the place and then returned and squatted in the water to rinse her vagina out, I did not get in the water. I do go to Juan Dolio at Hemingway and Marbella and always thought the water was clean there but given this information maybe looks can be deceiving. Punta Cana region claims not to discharge untreated sewage into the sea, maybe best to swim there.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
I have only been to BC once and never again the water did not seem clean and to top it all I was sitting having food at a waterfront retaurant and one of the working girls picked up a punter and went off behind the place and then returned and squatted in the water to rinse her vagina out, I did not get in the water. I do go to Juan Dolio at Hemingway and Marbella and always thought the water was clean there but given this information maybe looks can be deceiving. Punta Cana region claims not to discharge untreated sewage into the sea, maybe best to swim there.
Jesus...squatted in the water....Poor fish..

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
https://eldia.com.do/director-de-inapa-asegura-playa-de-boca-chica-esta-apta-para-banarse/

Google translated:

INAPA director ensures Boca Chica beach is suitable for bathing.

SANTO DOMINGO.-The executive director of the National Institute of Drinking Waters and Sewers (INAPA), Wellington Arnaud, assured this Monday that Boca Chica beach complies with established international standards, so it is suitable for bathing and being enjoyed by the population.

The official explained that last Friday 22, technicians from that institution attended together with experts from the Boca Chica (Coraabo) Aqueduct and Sewer Corporation to carry out a bacteriological analysis.

“We went to the Boca Chica beach to take samples of the water to do a bacteriological analysis. We took 8 samples: 4 superficial and 4 from the bottom; 2 in front of the Hamaca hotel, 2 in front of the Whala hotel, 2 in front of the umbrellas and 2 in Andrés.

So far, the 8 samples give total coliforms less than 300 and the regulations for waters for recreational use by bathers, diving, among others, allow up to 1,000, ″ explained the official.

He added that there is no problem with the use of Boca Chica beach, since the place complies with the international standards established by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), as well as with Law 64-00 on Environment and Resources. Natural

He specified that the study was carried out in Arnaud, he assured that the definitive solution to the wastewater of the Boca Chica municipality will be carried out in the second half of 2022, on the instructions of the President of the Republic, Luis Abinader, with the completion of the sanitary sewer system. .

The director of Inapa issued these statements during an interview offered on the radio program El Gobierno de la Mañana

Reactions: OldSkool