Possibly the Most Unique Position Ever Posted on DR1

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Why do they allow these guys back in ??

There all sorts of Banned posters who reemerge and are allowed to participate - AGAIN!!!

talk about leniency..... lunacy

and they wonder where the membership went..........

Reactions: JD Jones

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
We have our cast and narrator.

We have our full tech crew lined up.

We have our budget approved.

We have our hard-fought license for Ley 108-10, Article 34 financing.

We have the full endorsement of both Tourism and Culture.

We have a special ruling from DGCINE about what qualifies as 50% Spanish.

We have the important "Marca País" and National stamp.

We have funding and sponsorship in queue.

We have international distribution channels open and paying attention.

I shut down our tours for the year to make this happen in 2020 (and Mom CB got sick.)

We are almost ready to toll...and then the virus.

But here is what the original "want ad" was all about:

https://vimeo.com/301708809

D you need a property manager?

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Looks very interesting.

How about a competition an hybrid of Paris-Dakar and Survivor? Don't know if it's feasible but it could be interesting and reach a wider audience.

Sounds interesting either way.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Looks very interesting.

How about a competition an hybrid of Paris-Dakar and Survivor? Don't know if it's feasible but it could be interesting and reach a wider audience.

Sounds interesting either way.
On a practical matter, to receive the critical Article 34 and "Marca País" designation we have to abide by strict rules laid down in the Cinema Law of 2010, which would preclude your suggestions.

The focus is the island.

The focus is not motorcycles. Motorcycles are merely a compelling form of transportation.

The focus is on the beauty of the island, activities and attractions away from resorts, and sights, sounds, smells, tastes and interesting people we will meet along the way.

We will cover nearly every corner of the island, including 12 days in Haiti, all captured on 4K.

Nothing like this project has ever been attempted on this scale before.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
We have our cast and narrator.

We have our full tech crew lined up.

We have our budget approved.

We have our hard-fought license for Ley 108-10, Article 34 financing.

We have the full endorsement of both Tourism and Culture.

We have a special ruling from DGCINE about what qualifies as 50% Spanish.

We have the important "Marca País" and National stamp.

We have funding and sponsorship in queue.

We have international distribution channels open and paying attention.

I shut down our tours for the year to make this happen in 2020 (and Mom CB got sick.)

We are almost ready to toll...and then the virus.

But here is what the original "want ad" was all about:

https://vimeo.com/301708809

Wild Hogs DR style

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
To CB
The original video of what you are trying to do looks like a once in a life time adventure. I still have a garage full of bikes but I don't often ride them as the last 2 times I was out, idiot drivers on thier cell phones tried to run me over.

I hope you get the chance to complete this project as it looks like an awesome road trip. I wish you and your companions safe travels and when you are in the Uvero Alto/ Macao beach area, PM me. If I am there I will gladly buy you guys a beer.

And if you see the newly named House guy, please run him over as it will save us the grief. Right now the world did not need another idiot troll.

Reactions: JD Jones

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
To CB
The original video of what you are trying to do looks like a once in a life time adventure. I still have a garage full of bikes but I don't often ride them as the last 2 times I was out, idiot drivers on thier cell phones tried to run me over.

I hope you get the chance to complete this project as it looks like an awesome road trip. I wish you and your companions safe travels and when you are in the Uvero Alto/ Macao beach area, PM me. If I am there I will gladly buy you guys a beer.

And if you see the newly named House guy, please run him over as it will save us the grief. Right now the world did not need another idiot troll.
Thanks!

I appreciate OutHouse's "dislike." I had forgotten this thread With the DR taking two huge body blows in the last year which have badly hurt the DR economy in a big way. It's a good thing to show what some of are trying to do to help out, now that our TWIP project has gone from concept and very close to reality.

Putting this together from the ground floor, in an industry I knew nothing about, has been the most difficult thing I have ever done. A sane man would have quit years ago. But no one has ever accused me of being sane.

Here is our original "proof-of-concept" video, put together at the last minute, with two guys (one is frank12), unscripted, in poor weather between Jarabacoa and Samana, and with a professional film crew who had never done a "moving" shoot. The amount we learned in doing this was massive.

https://vimeo.com/77642491

Yes, we took some data from this one for the newer one.

House

Dec 20, 2019
In transit
images4.fanpop.com
Keep you chasing your tails and going down the wrong cliched rabbit holes. LOL
It's very entertaining watching you guys grasping at straws and misdirecting each other. It's hilarious seeing you overreact to what I choose to like or dislike since you're the queens of the dis. Do they even mean anything? I see nowhere where anyone gets banned for having too may dislikes or a new tinfoil hat for getting the most likes. The Kookaburra video was a nice touch and exactly how I think of some of my fans.

I am just House, and not even the Dr. from tv. I'm not a Dr. nor do I pretend to be one or have special insight.

In this case I dislikes you "ad" as i found it offensive. Dominicans in the DR can get away with that but you're just a gringo who could never get away with it back home, not that my reasoning matters at all.

IF you can't accept that it's not my problem.

Quit posting nonsense and I won't be your problem.

Blueceo

Nov 1, 2015
This project looks great and hopefully will be well received throughout the world. Good luck and I look forward to seeing the finished product. As one who came from California I have an appreciation for new film producers and the learning process required to put something like this together. My hats off to you.... don't listen to detractors and in the words of the great Al Davis... "Just Win Baby"..

• Love
Reactions: cobraboy

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Thanks!

I appreciate OutHouse's "dislike." I had forgotten this thread With the DR taking two huge body blows in the last year which have badly hurt the DR economy in a big way. It's a good thing to show what some of are trying to do to help out, now that our TWIP project has gone from concept and very close to reality.

Putting this together from the ground floor, in an industry I knew nothing about, has been the most difficult thing I have ever done. A sane man would have quit years ago. But no one has ever accused me of being sane.

Here is our original "proof-of-concept" video, put together at the last minute, with two guys (one is frank12), unscripted, in poor weather between Jarabacoa and Samana, and with a professional film crew who had never done a "moving" shoot. The amount we learned in doing this was massive.

Yes, we took some data from this one for the newer one.

Let me add something to this video.

As CB said, done by a professional film crew.....
All were young, educated & at least bi-lingual
All were from the SD area.

The staggering revelation was that NONE of them had been to the north coast before !
Nobody had seen that Lighthouse before....
The oldest lighthouse in the new world.

So the film reflects a view from their eyes - Dominican eyes - of a part of their country they were experiencing for the first time.

That added a layer to the shoot.

oldschool

Oct 9, 2004
Watched both of the videos you linked...great editing and effects.....some beautiful videography...would need to see the finished product to comment on the content.....but looks very well made....good.luck

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
I think the timing is good for this film. People will be looking for new experiences, and to put oneself in the shoes of your characters and go for it! Just keep the pace fast. And let the viewers come along for a ride full of surprises as you say.
The same way that the New York Times focused on Dominican models -- the girls that no one ever would have imagined to being on a runway for the leading brands.

Definitely, this is a new world. Thumbs up. Keep at it. I see this becoming a multi-part series.

Sep 22, 2009
I think the timing is good for this film. People will be looking for new experiences, and to put oneself in the shoes of your characters and go for it! Just keep the pace fast. And let the viewers come along for a ride full of surprises as you say.
The same way that the New York Times focused on Dominican models -- the girls that no one ever would have imagined to being on a runway for the leading brands.

Definitely, this is a new world. Thumbs up. Keep at it. I see this becoming a multi-part series.
Better hurry too, most of these folks' schedule B is expiring soon!

However I'm in for a cameo.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004

Our CPND from DGCINE is approved for eight episodes and a budget of RD$63,000,000 under Article 34 of Ley108-10, 100% tax credit financing.

It took us a looooong time to climb this mountain with many large bureaucratic obstacles in the way. But the team ultimately prevailed.

A more sane person would have quit long ago. Sometimes "insane" is a positive trait.

The good news in technology and distribution channels have changed greatly in our favor since the concept first formed. For example, during initial planning professional-quality cinematic drones were somewhat rare, cumbersome, difficult and expensive to operate. Now even pro-sumer drones shoot in 4K with Hasselblad lenses at 100mbs...for 1/10 the cost of the old drones...and the software makes them easy to operate.

Initially, distribution was planned in cable channels who had the $$$ and eyeballs, and the space was crowded. Now multiple streaming services competes bigly with cable, and everyone is begging for fresh content.

We think the timing is right. It's been frustrating, but here we are.

Down the road we'll be looking for volunteers all over the island to give us a little local help.