Post your DR batting order/lineup

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Potato_Salad said:
Then I hope those two people stay in banned land forever. ;)

Anyway, I saw an article in CNN that Orioles All-Star Melvin Mora has pulled out of the World Baseball Classic.

Mora was asked to play center field for his country (Venezuela), rather than third base but he does not want to.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...ng_training/2006/02/26/wbc.mora.ap/index.html

That's too bad. I admire anyone who can play 3B well because it's a very difficult position to play, and he does quite well at it. I think he started out as a shortstop, but could be wrong, so he's a pretty well-rounded player. Sad day for Venezuela, but I think Mora's decision had more to do with pride than honesty (maybe not - I'm not giving him much credit - he hasn't played CF in a couple of years, but I think I remember him playing quite well in the OF). IMO, Mora or Alfonzo @ third base are better choices. But then, who am I? :) Tough decision. I thought about the possibility of Cabrera in LF, where he excelled, but then there's Abreu and Ordonez. Wow, Venezuela's team really is going to be hot, aren't they?

Last edited:

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
trina said:
That's too bad. I admire anyone who can play 3B well because it's a very difficult position to play, and he does quite well at it. I think he started out as a shortstop, but could be wrong, so he's a pretty well-rounded player. Sad day for Venezuela, but I think Mora's decision had more to do with pride than honesty (maybe not - I'm not giving him much credit - he hasn't played CF in a couple of years, but I think I remember him playing quite well in the OF). IMO, Mora or Alfonzo @ third base are better choices. But then, who am I? :) Tough decision. I thought about the possibility of Cabrera in LF, where he excelled, but then there's Abreu and Ordonez. Wow, Venezuela's team really is going to be hot, aren't they?

I agree with you--Venezuela's team is going to be really hot!!!
Abreu and Ordonez provide the power in that line-up.

Alex Gonzalez (the new shortstop for the Boston Red Sox) broke a lot of Dominican hearts a few weeks ago.

Venezuela, Dominican Republic, United States, etc. its going to be fun!!! :classic: