Post your Scheduled flights here!

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
All people are anonymous here save for 1 or 2. I think that pretty much covers off "personal security purposes."🙄

The purpose of the thread" is real time information about what flights are going and what flights are not in light of all the unknowns regarding closed borders in the DR. Not too complex to grasp.

Correct you are, in not too complex to grasp, if you indeed allow yourself to.

It has been stated many times that this is a web forum based upon opinions. Opinions are based upon one's experiences and perceptions of life.

I have no doubt that you meant 100% well with your intentions for this thread line, but the truth is that a person's purchased ticket for a future flight is not real time information about which flights are coming and/or going. The airlines have been selling flights all along, and then cancelling.

My prior statement regarding one's personal security had more to do with members of the community who are unnecessarily exposing themselves through their personal itineraries, especially those female members of this forum. You must keep in mind that inbound flights will be operating at a less frequent schedule, with a reduced capacity of passengers. Why put a spotlight upon yourself? Do you tell people at what time you will be going to the bank, and which particular branch? Exactly.

Would it not be more prudent to post after the fact details of your flight/arrival as others do when reporting on financial institutional information/advice? Such as, "I went to the bank this morning or yesterday". The information can still be provided to the forum in a timely manner as in, "I just arrived this morning or yesterday."

I understand everybody's enthusiasm to plan to make plans (as stated by another poster) but your security and well being should come first. You will be entering a country that has been closed to outsiders and economic opportunities for several months. You should remain cautious, a little bit more so now than before, especially if you want to be one of the first to arrive here. You should remain vigilant as you always would, and not be blinded by the euphoria of a long needed/desired vacation. Predators are not blinded.

Good luck in whatever you so choose to do, but don't let the victim be you.

Reactions: johne

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
Correct you are, in not too complex to grasp, if you indeed allow yourself to.

It has been stated many times that this is a web forum based upon opinions. Opinions are based upon one's experiences and perceptions of life.

I have no doubt that you meant 100% well with your intentions for this thread line, but the truth is that a person's purchased ticket for a future flight is not real time information about which flights are coming and/or going. The airlines have been selling flights all along, and then cancelling.

My prior statement regarding one's personal security had more to do with members of the community who are unnecessarily exposing themselves through their personal itineraries, especially those female members of this forum. You must keep in mind that inbound flights will be operating at a less frequent schedule, with a reduced capacity of passengers. Why put a spotlight upon yourself? Do you tell people at what time you will be going to the bank, and which particular branch? Exactly.

Would it not be more prudent to post after the fact details of your flight/arrival as others do when reporting on financial institutional information/advice? Such as, "I went to the bank this morning or yesterday". The information can still be provided to the forum in a timely manner as in, "I just arrived this morning or yesterday."

I understand everybody's enthusiasm to plan to make plans (as stated by another poster) but your security and well being should come first. You will be entering a country that has been closed to outsiders and economic opportunities for several months. You should remain cautious, a little bit more so now than before, especially if you want to be one of the first to arrive here. You should remain vigilant as you always would, and not be blinded by the euphoria of a long needed/desired vacation. Predators are not blinded.

Good luck in whatever you so choose to do, but don't let the victim be you.
Hey look, the new cdn_gringo!🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Africaida

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
The posts are anonymous. The advice, pursuant to the thread, is ridiculous.
OK I'll let it go. I'm a little slow today in my thinking because I thought the advice in summary was to be careful and divulge as little as possible to a public forum board. I'm in favor of that. Over and out. Full steam ahead.

MarJD

Aug 29, 2012
United Airlines

EWR to PUJ----July 8th

(previously EWR-SDQ but was canceled because United schedule went from 3 flights a day to SDQ to 1 flight a day (per airline's rep), next available was 10 days later, so flying to PUJ).
I had a similar situation with Jet Blue. Originally flying to SDQ then cancelled and switched to PUJ, but was able to reschedule to SDQ after flights were added.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I had a similar situation with Jet Blue. Originally flying to SDQ then cancelled and switched to PUJ, but was able to reschedule to SDQ after flights were added.

Thanks ! I was told I could switch back to wherever once flights are added, which I anticipate will happen now.

Reactions: MarJD

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
as to publishing your itinerary.... don't if you're uncomfortable

Back to flights booked and the reults of the trip

Our 'test balloon' went SDQ - JFK - en route to LHR
He stepped out of the airport into the TWA hotel for 5 hrs and flew on

I heard Y'day that Cdns can enter by air - not vehicle - go figure

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
OK I'll let it go. I'm a little slow today in my thinking because I thought the advice in summary was to be careful and divulge as little as possible to a public forum board. I'm in favor of that. Over and out. Full steam ahead.

No johne, you are not a little slow today. That was the exact intention of my posting. Most persons who possess sound reasoning, can/would/did understand this. As I do appreciate most persons within this forum community, I would prefer that most of them remain alert, and avoid any potential problems for their own safety upon their eventual return to RD. Obviously our outspoken new poster with a join date of April 20th of this year, does not see the same logic. I would not expect him to either, as he is just around to infiltrate and disrupt several thread lines within the forum. In today's social media world this is either a sock puppet, or just a person with no supportive companions within his own proper circle. Think about it, would you really want to provide your personal itinerary to a person who has been a member of this community for nine weeks? He earns this week's nomination for the Golden ' ' ' ' ' Award.

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
No johne, you are not a little slow today. That was the exact intention of my posting. Most persons who possess sound reasoning, can/would/did understand this. As I do appreciate most persons within this forum community, I would prefer that most of them remain alert, and avoid any potential problems for their own safety upon their eventual return to RD. Obviously our outspoken new poster with a join date of April 20th of this year, does not see the same logic. I would not expect him to either, as he is just around to infiltrate and disrupt several thread lines within the forum. In today's social media world this is either a sock puppet, or just a person with no supportive companions within his own proper circle. Think about it, would you really want to provide your personal itinerary to a person who has been a member of this community for nine weeks? He earns this week's nomination for the Golden ' ' ' ' ' Award.
Who said anything about itineraries. Flight numbers and dates was all that was requested so everyone can see which flights are going and which flights are not.

The last sinew of intelligence is of course to belittle somebody because they joined this forum recently.

Your join date and number of posts simply means you are a bigger loser than most here LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: Caonabo

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
Should be interesting to see how many of these flights actually make it to the DR based on flight occupancy.

Juan Bosch

Dec 8, 2015
While I understand the purpose of this thread line to a degree, for personal security purposes I do not understand why some are so forthcoming with their personal information.
You should use caution. It is not only good, friendly natured persons that read public forums.

????????????????????

• Haha
Reactions: GusFring

Son of a sailor

Sep 30, 2019
All traveling to the DR should also be prepared to be stuck there, which sounds good to me, but maybe not everyone. Just thinking everything shut down before, and the virus will rise back up since everything is opening up, so some borders may have to close again if things get going hot.