Poverty, Culture, and Conspicuous Consumption

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
i know there are dominican cosmetics but the choice is poor. i had to go all the way to santiago to buy face wash and it was "made in EU" anyway...
but i got body lotion and face scrub, local products, both of which i am happy with.
difference is, you go to cosmetic shop in poland and 90% is made in poland. and world quality too!
DR car? i want to know more!

make your own face/body scrub mix brown sugar honey and olive oil and scrub away!!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
for body scrub i mix coffee (used) and brown sugar, works well and i even make minovio use it!
but face is sensitive, i prefer ready-made products...

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
There even used to be a DR-manufactured (or assembled) car or did I dream it?
:eek::eek::eek:

A Dominicanmobile!?!?!?

Usta be said to NEVER buy an American (Union Made) automoblie assembled on a Monday because the workers were hungover. Can you imagine a Dominicanmobile assembled on a Saturday???:surprised :surprised

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
for body scrub i mix coffee (used) and brown sugar, works well and i even make minovio use it!
but face is sensitive, i prefer ready-made products...
Hell, to shave I just hammer the whiskers back in and bite them off from the inside. Then, for a refreshing post-shave facial, I use a few swipes with a blow torch.:rambo: :hurt: :bandit:

It's a guy thang...;)

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
as far as clothes, when are dominicans gonna make clothes for people over 6 ft and size 12 shoe ? i feel real funny everytime i come to the DR being 6'4", size 12 shoe. people think i play basketball (a common US stereotype) and i respond with "i play tennis". :)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
yeah, they are kinda small....
i have problem buying shoes, i am 39/6 europe size (i belive it's 8 usa size) which is pretty normal on the old continent. most of shoes here are for bloody dolls, not adult women!