Power bill havent recieved yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Also, I don't know if it's town specific, but in my neck of the woods, the bill is due before the 14th of the month, not the beginning of the month.

We live in POP and our bill is always issued between the 2nd and 3rd of the month and is due to payment the following 2nd or the 3rd...

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
We live in POP and our bill is always issued between the 2nd and 3rd of the month and is due to payment the following 2nd or the 3rd...
I don't think there is any set in stone schedule for the bills. I get nine bills and of those I used to get six on the 2nd or third but now I get them on the 13th or 14th of the month. The other three I get around the 20-21st.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
I don't think there is any set in stone schedule for the bills. I get nine bills and of those I used to get six on the 2nd or third but now I get them on the 13th or 14th of the month. The other three I get around the 20-21st.
Exactly, for which reason best to check directly with them the schedule, unless you have already received bills from a particular contract...

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I get my EDESUR bills via email. Can you guys do that with EDENORTE?

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
Yes, you just go to a EDENORTE center and ask for it. Or as someone has already mentioned you can sign up on their virtual portal and there see everything about your contract. And NO you don't need to have the name of the person that is on the contract, only the contract number, that you can see on a previous bill. I have 5 people who I help to pay online, as they prefer giving me cash and I'll pay it online, instead of them paying in person. Works great, the only "issue" from my experience is that it seems they only accept VISA, have only tried with VISA and Mastercard, and Mastercard has never worked, whilst VISA works right away.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I just received my bill about 5 minutes ago. Went to the BPD website and paid it (under services) from my account.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Yep, they send it to my email and my wife has the app on her phone... The invoice amount always gets first updated with the new invoice first in the app and then I get the full PDF invoice via email...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
We get two bills. One is sent by email, the other never comes by email but I can look it up on line. I set both of them up on line identically on the Edenorte site.

Welcome to the DR where consistency is not prized.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Always remember, Many Dominicans are "good" with wiring. Every once in awhile, turn off all your breakers, see if your meter is still spinning or if your neighbors light or music suddenly go off. You're not in Kansas.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Always remember, Many Dominicans are "good" with wiring. Every once in awhile, turn off all your breakers, see if your meter is still spinning or if your neighbors light or music suddenly go off. You're not in Kansas.

Even better, insist that they install your meter in front of your house ( like on the outside wall ), instead of doing a cluster of meters on a pole ( like it used to be the case ).

Easy to see if any new wiring appears.....

Reactions: Betty B

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016

I had a friend who rented one of two upstairs apartments above a house owned by a family in Montellano.
I noticed wires coming from her meter and also from her upstairs neighbor's meter going into conduits other than to the upstairs apartments.
They called out an electrician to check because their EdeNorte bills seemed so high and the electrician verified the wires did not go to the upstairs at all, so he disconnected them which started a brouhaha with the Landlord who was in fact stealing power from both her own tenants for her house below.

The landlord instead she was doing nothing wrong ! That's brass balls

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
I had a friend who rented one of two upstairs apartments above a house owned by a family in Montellano.
I noticed wires coming from her meter and also from her upstairs neighbor's meter going into conduits other than to the upstairs apartments.
They called out an electrician to check because their EdeNorte bills seemed so high and the electrician verified the wires did not go to the upstairs at all, so he disconnected them which started a brouhaha with the Landlord who was in fact stealing power from both her own tenants for her house below.

The landlord instead she was doing nothing wrong ! That's brass balls
Very many years ago we lived in an upstairs apartment in a relatively good area... The house had on cistern, one pump but two sets of tuberias going to two separate tinacos on the roof, one for each apartment (downstairs and upstairs)... Each time I connected our extension cord to the pump and opened our pipe to the tinaco, it took about 5 minutes and the neighbor would also open their valve to their tinaco... When I went to close it, he got all mad and when I asked him why should I pay the luz to fill your tinaco, he never knew what to say... We moved out thankfully shortly after that... Best not to argue with people with not-too-much brain and short temper...

JLSawmam

Sep 8, 2018
I just received my bill about 5 minutes ago. Went to the BPD website and paid it (under services) from my account.
Once you've put your Edenorte contract info (or whatever utility etc) in your BPD info, you can just check in the BPD website for your balance due.

Reactions: JD Jones
Status
Not open for further replies.