prd prez candidate

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
He doesn't have to convince anyone. He's got $$$. And lots of it! He got Leonel's government and lapdog Cocco in DR Aduanas to hand him US$50 million for their new headquarters, and the darn plantas didn't even work! The first two times I had to go there, everyone was working in the dark, with candles if they had them. No lights. No A/C. Very little deodorant too.

And if he has his own $$ to get the office, then he won't have someone like Diandino then forcing a Metro-type project onto the backs of the dominican pueblo so that he can get his campaign investment repaid in spades!

monster

Oct 16, 2005
He doesn't have to convince anyone. He's got $$$. And lots of it! He got Leonel's government and lapdog Cocco in DR Aduanas to hand him US$50 million for their new headquarters, and the darn plantas didn't even work! The first two times I had to go there, everyone was working in the dark, with candles if they had them. No lights. No A/C. Very little deodorant too.

And if he has his own $$ to get the office, then he won't have someone like Diandino then forcing a Metro-type project onto the backs of the dominican pueblo so that he can get his campaign investment repaid in spades!

^^^^^If Hippo had a chance to run he would have a better chance than this jackass.

I think would be better off planning for the 2012 Election cause they have no chance winning the next!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
...and apparently there's enough manure from the Marbella scandal to coat both sides of the political divide, meaning that few will dare to point fingers.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
If ever "El León" decides against running in 2008, we will enjoy a Danilo-Candelier duel :)

monster

Oct 16, 2005
If ever "El Le?n" decides against running in 2008, we will enjoy a Danilo-Candelier duel :)

uhh..thats not gonna happen...and no one will ever elect Candelier anyway. Matter of fact, normal Dominicans never mention Candelier for president, only people on this board do, so keep dreaming.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Personally, from the discordant exhibitions emanating from the PRD Camp of late, I'd say that the PRD is in its "Twilight Days" as a political force. After the debacle represented by the Hipolito Administration and the PRD's wholehearted support of that mans actions, i don't see how they can recover the confidence of the Dominican people anytime soon. That and the in-fighting going on within the party ranks in the maneuvers being made to fill the leadership void, its a toss-up as to whether or not they can survive. There are factions upon factions splintering the party with at least a dozen vieing for the corrupted "leadership" position.
So, unless Leonel screwsup royally, and it doesn't seem like he is going to, the PLD can expect to rule the roost for several more years yet even without Leonel in the Executive seat.

Texas Bill

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
as of today, my opinion is evolving into believing "El León" will stay in power for a long, long time, just like "El Doctor" did... :)

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Don't know if Leonel will run in 2008 or not, but if the PLD continues getting their act together as they have in the past few months, continues to pursue corruption, prevents Legislators from gaining pesos through personal NGO's, continues to hammer at the delinquency problem, straightens out the Judicial System and gets the Metro built without bankrupting the country (WHEW!!), they can fairly well bank on staying in power through 2012, at least.
Granted, they're not perfect, but a helluva lot more transparant than Hipolito and HIS PRD crowd. As to Hippo's veverable VP, I think she can hang up her hopes of anything if the allegations over the "school lunch program" is proven. She'll end up in jail and fined umpty-ump minimum wages.
Then there's Malkum and his team who are under fire, including Hippo by association (methinks he is the REAL culprit here). As to Hippo's political clout, I thik he has "shot his ###" for eternity.

Texas Bill

Last edited: