Pre-Marital Assets

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Short answer: No.

She is entitled to half of everything you purchase after you are married.

I've been married three times and that was how it was handled by the lawyers and the court in each case.

I would offer all three of my divorces were amicable, and each spouse and I discussed and agreed on the separation of assets before going to court.
Now that is living. Love the not going to court.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Some people, myself included, find a Dominican partner that truly makes them happy. We have been together at least a dozen years and make a great team.
Nice to hear, a good marriage is much like a successful team.
The final result of a marriage requires both parties bring something to the effort, many people have nothing to give and expect to "win" and just shocked when she soon has enough.

Reactions: AlaPlaya

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
You should get a prenup. Dominican law on community property is truly ancient. It hasn't changed since the DR became independent in 1844. Community property not only includes everything the spouses acquire during marriage, but ALL MOVEABLE PROPERTY (stocks, bonds, money in the bank.... everything but real estate!) that the spouses had BEFORE marrying.
Sounds like Guzman knows.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Always causes me to wonder what the anti marriage crowd is so afraid of or perhaps they know themselves.

People with successful marriages invariably encourage others to do it.
Impossible to to know the joys of something you never experienced.
Congratulations

Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
If I am reading the threads correctly your advice disagrees with some of the others.
I have avidly read your posts for years thinking one day I would see you type "i do not know" as a response.
I will never hear that from you, o knower of everything.