President Abinader announces new courses for better police

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Regarding the integrity of the police membership...
Remember that starts at the top.
When it comes to general society...
That starts in the home.

I have found that you can take a man at his word here in the Dominican Republic.
Unfortunately, you don't know if you can until you see if that man upholds the standard.

I have been burned monetarily on "my word is my bond" issues.
But I have 5 to 1 examples of where "my word is my bond" has been true and in situations where it was not about money.
Those situations have been priceless.

If you want to make a friend...you first gotta be a friend.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Like it's hard to find integrity in guarantees it might be the same for police candidates. Fidelity is not a high priority in the Latin culture.

Stores do give a guarantee & you will get a official looking piece of paper but almost never a refund nor a repair. I got a new set of 4 shocks in Puerto Plata at Torfilco. Ones I had never heard of but ones they promoted saying 'they never had a problem' with any they sold. After 6 weeks one of them was badly leaking oil.

Since they had 'a guarantee' I returned only for them to tell me, after 4 hours of me waiting for the very inebriated manager to return from lunch, that I 'abused the shock' so no replacement or refund would be given. Since I didn't do any off-roading how the hell do you abuse a shock absorber here ?

I replaced them elsewhere with KYBs.
I'm not shocked ....when I hear the word mention guarantee they lose all credibility with me

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Like everything in this country, I think it's slowly growing up. I was thinking the other day of how 10 years ago I always used to be stopped by police when I was driving and they were kind of scary and wouldn't let me go until I paid. These days it's rare to see the police stopping anything by motorbikes, at least in the capital. I think the fact that everyone immediately gets their phones out and starts videoing everything is a major deterrent to the police these days.
if I'm in the wrong I rather pay my ticket on the spot

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas