President Abinader: Biometric registration required to enter the DR

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Luis-Abinader-canal-de-whatsapp-Diario-Libre-1024x685.png

During the weekly televised press conference on Monday, 27 November 2023, President Luis Abinader called “non-negotiable” the application of biometric registration in the border area for the passage of Haitians on binational market days. He said the measure is now part of the national security strategy. “Simply put, the biometric record is non-negotiable,” he said.

He said there have been tense situations on the border because Haitian nationals and those in control of the border gates have conditioned opening the gates on the Haitian side to the elimination of the biometric registration.

During the meeting with the media, the head of state pointed out that the border remains closed to immigration and that for commercial purposes, it is open but with the condition that the person entering at least have a biometric registration or perform the procedure at...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I don’t understand the protest over this. Immigration takes my fingerprints at the airport, why should entry elsewhere be different? If they don’t like it, don’t come to DR.

Because they have to be difficult about everything.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I don’t understand the protest over this. Immigration takes my fingerprints at the airport, why should entry elsewhere be different? If they don’t like it, don’t come to DR.
I don't understand why my comment appears to have been deleted. Luis is being pressured by organizations (and politicians) from other countries who have an agenda and it has been covered by the local media down here on numerous occasions.

Whether or not we are permitted to have an open discussion about it on this forum will have zero impact on the reality/ gravity of the situation.

Kudos to Luis for standing firm.

Reactions: windeguy