President Abinader praises the Navy for recent success in patrolling Dominican waters

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Luis-Abinader-Armada-Listin-Diario-e1603725373359.jpeg

President Luis Abinader spoke with satisfaction of the achievements of his government in combatting drug trafficking. In the first two months of his government, he said the authorities have doubled the drugs that have been seized in Dominican territorial waters

He made the remarks when stopping at the Naval Base at the southern end of the Ozama River following a tour of the Ozama-Isabela river basin to observe the site of a major sustainable river development project.

Abinader praised the commander and officers at the naval division in charge of anti-narcotic operations.

During the Ozama and Isabela tour, Abinader was accompanied by Environment Minister Orlando Jorge Mera and other officials.

“I want to congratulate the head of the Navy, Vice Admiral Betances, for the excellent work he has been doing. I want you to know that in these two months...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CDNBear

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
Navy, congrats. Give them more fuel to keep boats doing what they are supposed to do. Border control

Deport @windeguy , he is a loose cannon and must be shut down

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Navy, congrats. Give them more fuel to keep boats doing what they are supposed to do. Border control

Deport @windeguy , he is a loose cannon and must be shut down
Thank you for supporting the failed war on drugs. It has ruined the lives of many, made drug lords extremely wealthy and powerful while accomplishing almost nothing else but a waste of money and effort.

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
Thank you for supporting the failed war on drugs. It has ruined the lives of many, made drug lords extremely wealthy and powerful while accomplishing almost nothing else but a waste of money and effort.
Frankly I do not care about people who use drugs and the problems they have.
I support the Navy and border control

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Frankly I do not care about people who use drugs and the problems they have.
I support the Navy and border control
I am 100% with you on border control and immigration.
As for the drugs, everyone has the right to do what they want with their own bodies.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Military brings it in.
Police control the point(s) of sale.
New President has got his work cut
out for him. Good luck.

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
Yes. They always warn me about that, send a motoconcho to buy. If you go there yourself to the punto, you might find that the police magically appears and know exactly where to look for the merch. Big trouble.

I have never had that problem though, so I don’t know if it is true or not.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Yes. They always warn me about that, send a motoconcho to buy. If you go there yourself to the punto, you might find that the police magically appears and know exactly where to look for the merch. Big trouble.

I have never had that problem though, so I don’t know if it is true or not.
I lived across the street from a punto for 2 years. The only thing PN were interested in was making sure things were calm around the area/ no shootings because it's bad for business.

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
I went to the local punto to buy beer just after the curfew began, because the colmado near it were the only place which were open.
True enough, nothing bad happened. But I got critized a lot from the locals, are you crazy, PN rules there.
Today I respect the curfew, I do not want to get into trouble for stupid actions.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Agree. As long as it doesn't impact others in a negative way
CDN
You know that sentence above is gibberish since of course drug sales impact in a very negative way the lives of others. I guess you were tired of listening to Mr. Windey and his stance on" everybody do what you want. Legalize this that and everything." What bull shyett!

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
CDN
You know that sentence above is gibberish since of course drug sales impact in a very negative way the lives of others. I guess you were tired of listening to Mr. Windey and his stance on" everybody do what you want. Legalize this that and everything." What bull shyett!

Johne, my niece died of a heroin OD 2 months shy of her 22nd b day. While intellectually I can sympathize with Windy's view emotionally I can't. That shit took the life of a very precious girl. I realize she made her own decisions but that was when she was much younger, definitely under 18. It's so incredibly addicting that she never could shake it. She's at peace now although her mom and dad will never be.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Johne, my niece died of a heroin OD 2 months shy of her 22nd b day. While intellectually I can sympathize with Windy's view emotionally I can't. That shit took the life of a very precious girl. I realize she made her own decisions but that was when she was much younger, definitely under 18. It's so incredibly addicting that she never could shake it. She's at peace now although her mom and dad will never be.
It's impossible to respond and stay with-in the parameters of the TOS of this forum board. Suffice it to say that my sentiments against this and other sensitive topics that are promoted here by a few people (they are entitled to express their opinions) are always contained with-in the four corners of my postings. In all probability they will not agree with just about any liberal viewpoint. That's just the way it is.
I'm sorry for your loss Nan. Really sorry.