President Jovenel Moïse assassinated in the night in his private residence

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I agree with NSP. How can upwards of 6 armed men break into the presidential residence, fire 12 shots into the president, cause serious injury to his wife and flee without any of them getting shot or any of the presidents security getting shot. This just does not pass the smell test.

The top cop who now says he is in charge needs to answer some tough questions like, how did you find these guys so easily after their stealth operation at the presidents house. Why don't they look anything like the prior description. How many people will get scapegoated on this before a real investigation begins. Will the corruption get worse under your self appointment. Well forget that one but this will prove to be a bigger fiasco than this guy can handle.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I agree with NSP. How can upwards of 6 armed men break into the presidential residence, fire 12 shots into the president, cause serious injury to his wife and flee without any of them getting shot or any of the presidents security getting shot. This just does not pass the smell test.

The top cop who now says he is in charge needs to answer some tough questions like, how did you find these guys so easily after their stealth operation at the presidents house. Why don't they look anything like the prior description. How many people will get scapegoated on this before a real investigation begins. Will the corruption get worse under your self appointment. Well forget that one but this will prove to be a bigger fiasco than this guy can handle.
The smell test is not being passed at all.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
I don't see why not? I'm sure there were a lot more then just 6. We don't know how many got away. They used the cover of an english speaker yelling "DEA" over a loudspeaker, which probably gave them some time to get closer to the house before the shooting started.

It would be interesting to see what nationalities the dead ones are. And the nationalities of the two live ones. One of those does not look Haitian.

Plus this is all early reporting, who knows what's true or not. I'm sure the Haitian news sources aren't confirming everything they're reporting.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Two of the assassins are shown here in Haitian custody. There are other videos in that account of the arrested assassins by the Haitian police, but they are violent and bloody. Viewer discretion is adviced for those other videos. The one linked here doesn't show any of that. Anyway, reports say that there was about 30 men in the act of yesterday. May they all be caught and have the full weight of Haitian laws fall on them for the rest of their lives.

Reactions: kanson

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I don't see why not? I'm sure there were a lot more then just 6. We don't know how many got away. They used the cover of an english speaker yelling "DEA" over a loudspeaker, which probably gave them some time to get closer to the house before the shooting started.

It would be interesting to see what nationalities the dead ones are. And the nationalities of the two live ones. One of those does not look Haitian.

Plus this is all early reporting, who knows what's true or not. I'm sure the Haitian news sources aren't confirming everything they're reporting.
So when they started shooting the president and his wife the security detail did what? Look away, hide like little girls, maybe thank them ?
Not even in my cartoon world does this pass the smell test. Especially when you see the pictures of the guy who looks like my gardener who was allegedly involved.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Seen websites that list former presidents as having "died in office" like Cincinnatus Leconte. Haitian terrorists blew up the National Palace killing him and hundreds of soldiers.......maybe he literally died in his office lol.

Maybe he died virtually as he was living in another country at the time

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
So when they started shooting the president and his wife the security detail did what? Look away, hide like little girls, maybe thank them ?
Not even in my cartoon world does this pass the smell test. Especially when you see the pictures of the guy who looks like my gardener who was allegedly involved.

One of the vids I just watched, narrated by an English speaking reporter, said the attackers arrived in 9 new Toyota suv's. So there's that.

And we don't know how many Presidential security are dead.

Could have been up to 36+ shooters, and maybe getting within a few feet of the house by claiming DEA. And there was a gun battle, by somebody. And let's not forget, this is a country where they put alleged presidential assassins in the back of a pick up truck with a couple cops. Talk about cartoons.

We don't know what we don't know.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
If it is South American cartels, they might be doing it to have closer access to the North. Control the whole country of Haiti, grow cocaine without any gov't interference. Control the shipping ports, airports. All speculation at this point, but certainly a possibility.

They may see what the Mexican cartels are doing in Mexico, and want the same thing.

I understand why a cartel may want control of the country to ship drugs. But I don't see how they would get that control by killing the president.

Reactions: Africaida

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
Two of the assassins are shown here in Haitian custody. There are other videos in that account of the arrested assassins by the Haitian police, but they are violent and bloody. Viewer discretion is adviced for those other videos. The one linked here doesn't show any of that. Anyway, reports say that there was about 30 men in the act of yesterday. May they all be caught and have the full weight of Haitian laws fall on them for the rest of their lives.

I hope the police and those civilians in one video are not just yanking non Haitian looking people out of their house or off of the street.
As an example guessing there are still Cuban doctors there.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
I understand why a cartel may want control of the country to ship drugs. But I don't see how they would get that control by killing the president.

Since last September, 80 politicians, judges and police have been assassinated by cartels in Mexico. That's how the Mex cartels are gaining control in Mexico.
I firmly believe that the USA will be sending troops to Mexico in the future to fight the cartels. The Mexican gov't isn't getting it done. They're losing.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Can you even buy 9 new Toyota SUV's in Haiti? You'd probably have to call ahead?

Here's my theory, they brought the suv's in thru a port, loaded with hidden weapons and ammo. The shooters could have come in any number of ways.

Reactions: KyleMackey

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Assassinated Haitian President Jovenel Moise was ‘riddled with 12 bullets as his terrified daughter hid from gunmen’

Former Haitian prime minister [Laurent Lamothe] on assassination: 'It is a sad day for Haiti'​

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003

Haiti president Jovenel Moïse’s body was ‘riddled with 12 bullets and an eye had been gouged out’​

The president of Haiti was riddled with 12 bullet holes and had an eye gouged out...

Jovenel Moise’s terrified adult daughter Jomarlie hid in a bedroom as the ‘foreigners’ ransacked his office and rooms, firing machine guns and leaving the 53-year-old to die an horrific death, lying in a pool of a blood at the private residence in the hills above Port-au-Prince.

A maid and another servant were tied up by the gunmen...

First Lady Martine, 47, was shot through the legs, arm, torso and hand...

Mr Joseph has now declared a two-week ‘state of siege’ imposing martial law, halting all flights out of Port-Au-Prince and sealing the country’s borders, while neighboring Dominican Republic mobilized its military to guard Haiti’s only land border.

Mrs Moise sustained gunshot wounds to her arms and thigh, along with unspecified but severe injuries to her abdomen and hand, the ABC affiliate reported.

Last edited:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The previous article in post 78 claims that the First Lady was taken to Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami, not Baptist Hospital.