President Jovenel Moïse assassinated in the night in his private residence

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Spoke with one of my main contacts over there... No one that he knows has really ever heard of this guy.. Sanon.. There were reports that he did something after the earthquake.

The question that everyone is asking is Who Benefits? And no one seems to be able to answer that.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Spoke with one of my main contacts over there... No one that he knows has really ever heard of this guy.. Sanon.. There were reports that he did something after the earthquake.

The question that everyone is asking is Who Benefits? And no one seems to be able to answer that.

I think the beneficiary is whoever wanted to assume the presidency. There are so many that it will be difficult to pin down.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012

What about Dimitri Herard, the head of the General Security Unit of the National Palace?
He has been pulled in for questioning.
He is where the buck should have stopped in providing security for President Moise and his wife.
Additionally, it strikes me that he is not the most benevolent of characters.
Apparently he was already under investigation in the U.S. for arms trafficking.
He may well have felt more comfortable being at the top of the food chain when the itshay hits the anfay in that investigation.

Reactions: Yes Alfredo

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
What about Dimitri Herard, the head of the General Security Unit of the National Palace?
He has been pulled in for questioning.
He is where the buck should have stopped in providing security for President Moise and his wife.
Additionally, it strikes me that he is not the most benevolent of characters.
Apparently he was already under investigation in the U.S. for arms trafficking.
He may well have felt more comfortable being at the top of the food chain when the itshay hits the anfay in that investigation.

Yep, I posted something similar back in post 255.

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008

The BAM BAM* perhaps?

* = (An acronym for the Brandt, Acra, Madsen, Bigio, Apaid and Mevs families).

Reactions: Yes Alfredo

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Yep, I posted something similar back in post 255.

Not that it is a competition or anything but...
I see your post #255 and I raise my #216.
lol.
We're all in the same business.
We're the dr1 lap top cops.
We know very little but, we're going to solve the case come Hell or high water.
I love a who dunnit.
Who doesn't?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003

Martine Moïse, wife of slain president, returns to Haiti​

Martine Moïse, the wife of Haiti’s assassinated president who was injured in the July 7 attack at their private home, returned to the Caribbean nation on Saturday following her release from a Miami hospital.

Her arrival was unannounced and surprised many in the country of more than 11 million people still reeling from the assassination of Jovenel Moïse in a raid authorities say involved Haitians, Haitian-Americans and former Colombian soldiers.

Martine Moïse disembarked the flight at the Port-au-Prince airport wearing a black dress, a black bulletproof jacket, a black face mask, and her right arm in a black sling as she slowly walked down the steps of what appeared to be a private plan one by one. She was greeted by Interim Prime Minister Claude Joseph and other officials.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
This is nothing more than a sh*t show for the Haitian public consumption.
There’s only one thing clear: Who benefits?
Two things only can be called on this: financial profit or power.
Who benefits?

Reactions: Luperon

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
This guy is all in on this case.
Foreign powers already are pulling the rug under him. Just not pointing fingers as of yet.
Clearly, his actions and resistance to allowing the newly named PM by Moise days earlier, are a giveaway onto his ambitions.

In the coming days, we’ll see things develop.
You can only control things under your thumb for so long.

But hey! It’s Haiti after all. The biggest circus 🤡 🎪 on this side of the hemisphere.

Puny minds think they can fool others with idiotic explanations. A doctor planned it? Hah!

Attachments

• 7FAD8E34-63BA-4B81-8BE5-A437C10B87E8.jpeg
    7FAD8E34-63BA-4B81-8BE5-A437C10B87E8.jpeg
    282.6 KB · Views: 136
Reactions: Luperon

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
What they don't mention is the thing that is exactly at the heart of the insular binational political divide: The Dessalinian constitutional clause against foreign property ownership in the country, which, even though the American occupation did away with it in the books, what passes for a judiciary in Haiti have sort of reinstated de facto. Remove this and the sky will be the limit.

Reactions: AlterEgo

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
What they don't mention is the thing that is exactly at the heart of the insular binational political divide: The Dessalinian constitutional clause against foreign property ownership in the country, which, even though the American occupation did away with it in the books, what passes for a judiciary in Haiti have sort of reinstated de facto. Remove this and the sky will be the limit.
To expand on this, the two biggest failures of the American occupation in Haiti (1915-34) were precisely not being able or willing to break with the elite's monopoly on the educational and juridical establishments of the country. Without a reform being carried out on this two cornerstones, nothing of worth will be able to be achieved to uplift the country once and for all, end of the story.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The "battle" between the Interim Prime Minister Claude Joseph and Jovenel's chosen to be the Prime Minister Ariel Henry has ended. Not mentioned at any time, but it's interesting this happens within days of Martine Moïse returning to Haiti. While in Florida she did said that Jovenel's death should not be in vain. Jovenel picked Ariel to be the following Prime Minister, but he was killed a few hours later.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Sol09

Jan 12, 2017
The "battle" between the Interim Prime Minister Claude Joseph and Jovenel's chosen to be the Prime Minister Ariel Henry has ended. Not mentioned at any time, but it's interesting this happens within days of Martine Moïse returning to Haiti. While in Florida she did said that Jovenel's death should not be in vain. Jovenel picked Ariel to be the following Prime Minister, but he was killed a few hours later.

Perhaps he knew his death was imminent and that's why he chose a new prime minister.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Before he was shot, the assassinated president of Haiti reportedly spent 10 minutes desperately trying to summon security for help. The chilling details, reported by the Miami Herald, show that Jovenel Moïse’s security staff didn’t respond to his frantic pleas. In the president’s first call, he reportedly told the Haitian National Police commissioner: “They are shooting by the house... Mobilize people!” When no help appeared, Moïse then called a tactically trained officer with the Haiti National Police, telling him: “Where are you?... I need your assistance, now!... My life is in danger. Come quick! Come save my life!” According to the Herald, Moïse’s killers ransacked his house then shot him after describing his appearance on the phone. “They came inside, went straight to the room and kept talking to someone on the phone to identify the president,” an unnamed officer told the newspaper. When the shooter described the president’s appearance on the phone, the officer recalled: “He turned to face the president and shot him without any conversation.”

Source:

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Haitian posters over on Twitter are all enraged that the CORE group which recognized Joseph as the Prime Minister has now recognized Ariel Henry. Evidently - what is needed from the Internationals is Absolute Silence.... until Haitians figure it all out...

This does not seem like Rocket Science to me...

It would be sorta like the UN deciding on the US Presidential election before the inauguration.....

Plus there does not seem to be any backing down on the part of the CORE group from their "elections, elections" song - even though there is simply No One who believes that any elections under any rag tag government right now could be seen as legitimate.

It would certainly be a Blessing if the CORE group would just STOP telling HAITI what to do.

(as in - "we recognize xxx as prime minister... elections will be held in September" )

Demeaning at best..

"And - people are saying - Racist"

It becomes Very Very Hard to convince Haitians that the World Wishes them Well
When it appears that the Internationals
Do Not

Reactions: Africaida