President Jovenel Moïse assassinated in the night in his private residence

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Anyone who dreams of anything changing for the better in Haiti in our lifetimes, is purely exactly just that: Dreaming

The President of the country just got killed, murdered in mere minutes, without a single bullet shot to defend his life by anyone.

Things just simply prove that nothing that happens at government level, has any effect on general life for the 99% of Haitians.

All foreign nations must leave Haiti and let it finish what it started in 1804.
Let the people decide their own destiny.

Let them finish cutting the throats of their oppressors and executioners.

Reactions: Big and windeguy

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Pichardo, that last sentence is quite comical. Finish?

It's like weeds in a grass. There is no way to stop the madness. They always come back.

Reactions: windeguy

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
Pichardo, that last sentence is quite comical. Finish?

It's like weeds in a grass. There is no way to stop the madness. They always come back.
The jacobinism at the heart of the Haitian national ethos has that in common with communism and fascism: it is an ideology of perpetual warfare, be it social, economic, racial, etc. The best that the surrounding countries can hope for is to contain the geographical radius of said "revolutionary" impulses and hope to the Almighty for them to finally run their course like any proverbial epidemic.

Reactions: KyleMackey

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Live coverage of Jovenel Moïse's funeral in Cap Haitien.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Priceless

Attachments

• 6FD27B12-5E73-4B48-968F-0B53CBC2E4AD.jpeg
    6FD27B12-5E73-4B48-968F-0B53CBC2E4AD.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 171

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Nice extravagant ceremony. Such a great idea in a country that the average life expectancy is around 60, what a joke!

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Nice extravagant ceremony. Such a great idea in a country that the average life expectancy is around 60, what a joke!
Ceremonies are very important to Haitians. They love uniforms, pomp, and circumstances. Some of it is probably a holdover from the French culture and also a result of their poverty. They like to dress up on special occasions.

Reactions: Naked_Snake

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003

Attachments

• 75D3FC60-FAA0-4E7A-982B-D1DB758DFBC0.jpeg
    75D3FC60-FAA0-4E7A-982B-D1DB758DFBC0.jpeg
    460.5 KB · Views: 152
  • Wow
Reactions: JD Jones

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I don't see how one thing has to do with the other. Plus, from my understanding, this ceremony was paid for by the Moïse family and not the state. People can do whatever they want with their money anywhere. Plus, whether liked or not, he was the president of Haiti, not some random guy. It's a given that a funeral for a president will be more extravant than usual in any country and Haiti is no exception.

Reactions: drstock

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
The jacobinism at the heart of the Haitian national ethos has that in common with communism and fascism: it is an ideology of perpetual warfare, be it social, economic, racial, etc. The best that the surrounding countries can hope for is to contain the geographical radius of said "revolutionary" impulses and hope to the Almighty for them to finally run their course like any proverbial epidemic.
I agree....but do not put your hope in the almighty...as I think he left that side of the island years ago.......

Reactions: Naked_Snake

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I don't see how one thing has to do with the other. Plus, from my understanding, this ceremony was paid for by the Moïse family and not the state. People can do whatever they want with their money anywhere. Plus, whether liked or not, he was the president of Haiti, not some random guy. It's a given that a funeral for a president will be more extravant than usual in any country and Haiti is no exception.
Its called priorities. But as it relates to the island it is pretty much meaningless. Just another tribal conflict in the world that will not even register as news in another week or two

Reactions: windeguy

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Was it really their own money? I mean, really? It is my understand he was a former President who just stayed in "power" until he was killed.

The end result is that his death seems to have made little to any difference in Haiti. As I expected.

There is no chance for things to get better.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Was it really their own money? I mean, really? It is my understand he was a former President who just stayed in "power" until he was killed.

The end result is that his death seems to have made little to any difference in Haiti. As I expected.

There is no chance for things to get better.
He was a successful banana exporter before he got into politics.