Preventive custody trial for police who murdered young couple is postponed; calls for removal of Police director

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Suspenden-conocimiento-a-militares-El-Nuevo-Diario-e1617884351788.jpeg

Parents of several of the six arrested in the case of the patrol that fired 32 shots against a Kia vehicle, killing two on board (Eliza Muñoz and Joel Díaz) and injuring a third of four occupants on the evening fo 30 March 2021. The chief of the Police said in an Alicia Ortega interview that they were looking for a white car involved in the stealing of a pasola, a small motorcycle. News reports indicate that the bullets recovered at the site reveal the policemen used high-caliber weapons for which they were not authorized. Interior & Police Minister Jesus Vasquez has said the killing was due to a confused identity. The director of the Police, Edward Santos admitted all correct protocols were violated by the police.

The media has criticized that the director of the Villa Altagracia police station, from where the patrol was sent to act against...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Where are the (Fill in the blank) Lives Matter people when you need them.
There should be protest and looting going on.

Reactions: Fulano2

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009

Please don't say that one year of prison is all they get? Can that be correct?? If yes, there's something seriously wrong here...
One year is preventive which means until the trial starts.

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
“...they were looking for a white car involved in the stealing of a pasola, a small motorcycle.”
...So they shoot them all up like Bonnie and Clyde for grand theft ?? It sounds unbelievable

Reactions: campesinadeatl

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe

Please don't say that one year of prison is all they get? Can that be correct?? If yes, there's something seriously wrong here...
No it’s not correct. But an ex drug trafficker as a colonel....

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I can only imagine the testimony in court. Well Judge I only fired 32 warning shots into them. What's the problem with that.
Case dismissed.
Next

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
A few years ago one of the police agencies here was doing immigration checks. They tried to stop a guy on a moto and he went on the sidewalk to avoid the cop. The cop pulled his pistol out and was about to shoot the guy, when he turned around and saw the gun aimed at him. He stopped. I don't think that guy had any idea of how close he came to dying that day.

They shoot first here.