price and availability of ammunition

Status
Not open for further replies.

socuban

Nov 24, 2002
The armory on the corner of Caonabo and 27 de Febrero has 50 round boxes of Sellier & Bellot 9mm FMJ, 115 grain bullets @ RD$1300. Nice round for practice at a decent "for here" price. For self defense I carry Federal HST exclusively.

Than there is this new round I need to get my hands on - the R.I.P. bullet;

Screen-Shot-2014-01-25-at-1.33.59-PM.png

PaGuyinDr

Sep 2, 2013
If you want to learn to "Shoot" for your personal protection, buy a shotgun, Not a hand gun!
A shotgun is much easier to shoot, when you need it.
It also scares the hell out of anyone looking down the barrel!
If you must shoot, with a shotgun you will most likely hit what you are aiming at, with a hand gun,your shaking hands will make it nearly impossible to hit your target.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Furthermore, a hand gun you have to aim. A shot gun you just have to kinda point in the general direction, the blast will do the rest.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
It sounds like she wants to see what it feels like to shoot for fun, not for killing.For years I had an accurate target shooting airgun for just this reason as I hate 'real' guns that can kill but enjoy the challenge of sharp-shooting and target practice.

I was once in a polygonal in Santiago where you can hire the gun or bring your own and buy the ammo on the premises. They have a shooting range where you can practice and protective gear as well. Not cheap (9mm Browning) and I had forgotten how noisy the 'Bang' is!
Someone here can advise exactly where it is,prices and if it still operates.

I know Monkey Jungle has a range but no idea what conditions for use they have.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Shells are extremely expensive, that is for sure.

And they are going to be even scarcer because the f******g Obama mess is buying billions (10 to the 9th) of rounds for their Homeland Security goons as well as forcing all lead to be manufactured outside the united States allowing them to strangle ammo manufacturers through tariffs and import restrictions. Thereby sidestepping the Second Amendment.

This is a major cluster**** for the American people. This is one guy that needs to be impeached (Fast and Furious; Benghazi; NSA---> the list is almost endless)

HB

Hillbilly,

I'm not sure i am following your logic here...are you suggesting that the American President should be impeached because you think he is behind stockpiling Ammunition & Ammo for Homeland Security, or because he alone is "strangling" American ammo manufactures and forcing lead manufactures outside of America?

snopes.com: SSA/DHS Arms Purchase
"In 2013 the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) issued a number of different requests for quotes for various types of ammunition totaling hundreds of millions of rounds. However, those quotes represented the upper limits of options to buy ammunition over the course of several years, not a one-time mass purchase of that number of rounds. The purpose of the proposed buys was to supply ammunition for training and use by agents of the DHS and other federal law enforcement agencies."

2. Are you suggesting that Obama is solely responsible for Benghazi and therefore should be impeached?

I'm always surprised by this kind of reactionary response by some Americans--usually exclusively paranoid conservative Republicans, and usually over the age of 55: they have a deep desire to blame all of America's problems on one single man: the President. As if one man could be solely responsible for all of one's country's ills. I saw this with Bush, Reagan, Johnson, Nixon, and now Obama. Its disgusting and it's a real reflection of the paranoia that has set into conservative Americans.

It's a damn shame.

Frank

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
So, if they can't be imported we have to assume these russian and serbian bullets are smuggled in?

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
I just spoke to my cousin, Ivan Genao. He has two gun stores here on the island. One is in San Francisco de Macoris and is called "Tu Closet," the other one is in Bonao, next to the police station. I just asked him about 9mm bullets. he said, "Legally" you're supposed to have a "gun license" in order to purchase bullets.

He said most of his bullets are from Mexico, Philippines, Spain, and Czech Republic.

Frank

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I just spoke to my cousin, Ivan Genao. He has two gun stores here on the island. One is in San Francisco de Macoris and is called "Tu Closet," the other one is in Bonao, next to the police station. I just asked him about 9mm bullets. he said, "Legally" you're supposed to have a "gun license" in order to purchase bullets.

He said most of his bullets are from Mexico, Philippines, Spain, and Czech Republic.

Frank

Yes that is true even to purchase BBs or .177 pellets you must have a valid license.
Legally, that is.

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
Im suprised the Sellier and Belloit is cheaper than the Tula. Harley dont shoot the steel cased ammo in your guns if you can help it. Its not common but sometimes the harder steel will shatter a firing pin.

HB you dont know the half of it. The State of the Union is going to be the Fuhers announcement that he is tired of waiting for Congress and is going to move forward using his Executive Orders.
He wont be impeached and how its looking we may have Hillary as our next POTUS God Help Us.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
DV8,

You did this on purpose to get the Wild West killer cockroaches out in the open.......

Ay ay ay,
Can of worms......

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
HB you dont know the half of it. The State of the Union is going to be the Fuhers announcement that he is tired of waiting for Congress and is going to move forward using his Executive Orders.
He wont be impeached and how its looking we may have Hillary as our next POTUS God Help Us.

"there are a number of other plutocrats who manage to keep Hitler out of their remarks but who nonetheless hold, and loudly express, political and economic views that combine paranoia and megalomania in equal measure."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/27/opinion/krugman-paranoia-of-the-plutocrats.html?hp&rref=opinion

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011

Let me guess Johnny, you're one of these paranoid conservative republicans stockpiling Ammunition & guns because you think President Obama is going to get rid of the Second Amendment and then come and take all of your hunting rifles away?

Back to the DR. My family have always owned gun stores here in the DR, and i am glad we don't have too many paranoid Second Amendment ex-pats Americans barricading themselves inside compounds--hiding behind their 2nd amendment militia paranoia--and eager to easily stockpile weapons while they wait for Armageddon zombie Apocalypse to arrive.

Frank

Last edited:

PaGuyinDr

Sep 2, 2013
Frank, I'm only a moderately paranoid second amendment soon to be expat. But when and if the sh*t ever hits the fan, please let me know where I can find you and your family's cache of weapons. I ain't much of a shot, but I can help you guys reload quickly to save time, and maximize the body count.

jafo

Dec 16, 2006
Frank 12

HB may have opened the door a little .

But your bashing of Republicans and conservatives is out of line.

How is the first paragraph DR related.

And the second one certainly doesn't get us back to the topic of DR . Other than a reference to you (gun store owning family)

Let me guess Johnny, you're one of these paranoid conservative republicans stockpiling Ammunition & guns because you think President Obama is going to get rid of the Second Amendment and then come and take all of your hunting rifles away?

Back to the DR. My family have always owned gun stores here in the DR, and i am glad we don't have too many paranoid Second Amendment ex-pats Americans barricading themselves inside compounds--hiding behind their 2nd amendment militia paranoia--and eager to easily stockpile weapons while they wait for Armageddon zombie Apocalypse to arrive.

Frank

I'm not sure you have been to the USA recently.
Gone into the local sporting goods store to purchase ammo.
Pistol or rifle.

States restricting ammo purchases , redefining firearm classifications , on State level.

Benghazi . Commander and Chief . Ultimately responsible.

Restricting internet sales .

To get it back on topic .

DOES THE DR EVEN HAVE A SECOND AMENDMENT!!!!

YOU CANT EVEN OWN LONG GUNS.
WITH THE EXCEPTION OF A SHOTGUN.

But I am sure you and your gun store owning family are well protected.

No need to respond with Political rhetoric or links .

I'm quite sure we are very far apart on this , and many other topics.

To original poster.
Go have some fun , firearms are not for everyone . But you may enjoy shooting.
SAFETY, SAFETY , SAFETY.

I will leave you with this.

I have no idea who was the originator of this,

I don't carry a gun to kill people.
I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people.
I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil.
I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the
world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.

****I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.*******

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.
I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating
myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.
I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not
on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy.
I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a
cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man.
I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the
ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.
I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am
inadequate...

I don't carry a gun because I love it.
I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful
to me.

Police protection is an oxymoron. (This is especially true in the DR , when they are likely to be the perpetrator.)
Free citizens must protect themselves.

Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the
crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

(And in the DR this will usually only happen if you pay them.)

Status
Not open for further replies.