price and availability of ammunition

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaGuyinDr

Sep 2, 2013
Just so we're clear, I was referring to the sh*t hitting the fan in the DR, Frank 12 cache of weapons in the DR, and a body count of dominican civilians.... ( sorry could not resist :knockedou ). I'll behave now.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Jafo,

I want to apologize. I don't know what i was thinking. I'm an idiot. everyone who knows me, knows this. Ask my Mom. Of course Americans are not stockpiling weapons. Nor are Americans paranoid about losing their 2nd amendment rights. And of course, we know how much we Americans love Obama. The more i think about it, I was way out of line. Where i live in Norway and Cabarete, we have people shooting people in movie theaters for texting on their phones. We have people walking into malls and workplaces and shooting people. It's just not written about. Nor is the government being honest when they released their gun murder rates in Norway last year, it was reported that "two" people were murdered with firearms. Two people!! That's an outright lie. You know that is a lie: List of countries by firearm-related death rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But let's talk DR. In the DR, i have a lot of cousins. Too many. i would like to get rid of a few. I'm not sure which ones yet. But i'm working on it. Of all my close "first" cousins (let's be honest, everyone is your cousin in the DR when you have money) only a few have guns. The rest do not have guns. But their idiots. They don't know what's coming. They don't know about the approaching Zombie Apocalypse. They don't have the Sci-FI channel yet.

Now that i've seen the light with your gun poem, the first thing i'm going to do next week, is put in an order for a 50 caliber rifle with my cousin, and then i'm going to order a 50. Desert Eagle hang gun. I don't know about you, but i like people to stop in their tracks when i shoot them. i don't want them crawling and reloading their guns. Oh yeah, i almost forgot, i grew up with guns. I killed every squirrel and bird in my neighborhood in Dayton, Ohio throughout the 70's. I decimated the entire squirrel and bird populations in my neighborhoods. I'm proud of that. It got to the point where even migrating geese deviated away from Dayton, Ohio to avoid the carnage that me and my Dominican hillbilly family were wreaking on migrating birds and ducks. Like all good rednecks, we shot everything that moved. we shot everything that was defenseless. We're strong people. We're Dominican camposinos (Hillbillies) and proud of it.

As soon as i get back to Norway, i'm going to stockpile weapons there as well because Armageddon is just around the corner. We all know that. Don't we? What god fearing, conservative is not aware of what is coming. We got to be ready. We got to dig in. Here in Cabarete, i've dug a 6ft trench at the entrance of my condo--right behind the front door--just like the one Charles Bronson made in in cabin up in the Yukon. I even have an escape tunnel just in case the zombies get in through the first line of defense of my monkey. Yeah, i got an armed monkey. She throws poop balls. I'm not proud of it. But she will hold her weight if the sh1t hits the fan. And the sh1t is going to hit the fan. The only question is not if, but when. Behind the monkey, i got a former Russian KGB female officer--she's a redhead and knows Kung Fu; she does Kung Fu on me on a weekly basis, but that's for another thread.

Anyway, we're dug in here in Cabarete. i suggest you do the same. We're hunkered down. We're ready for war. Bring on any Zombie Apocalypse here in Cabarete, i guarantee you we will turn it back just with the screams of the monkey. Barring that, me and the redhead can hold them off until the reinforcements arrive.

Again, i apologize. Sincerely, Frank

I just spoke to my cousin, Ivan Genao. He has two gun stores here on the island. One is in San Francisco de Macoris and is called "Tu Closet," the other one is in Bonao, next to the police station. I just asked him about 9mm bullets. he said, "Legally" you're supposed to have a "gun license" in order to purchase bullets.

He said most of his bullets are from Mexico, Philippines, Spain, and Czech Republic.

Frank

Good to know, I guess they just forget to ask me for my permit!

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Good to know, I guess they just forget to ask me for my permit!

This is why i put the "Legal" part in parenthesis because first, this is an Open Forum; and secondly, this is the DR where things are a little lax if you know what i mean. I'm not going to incriminate my cousin and his businesses.

Frank

May 5, 2007
Im suprised the Sellier and Belloit is cheaper than the Tula. Harley dont shoot the steel cased ammo in your guns if you can help it. Its not common but sometimes the harder steel will shatter a firing pin.

When reading through this thread I knew something caught my eye: What has steel case ammo have to do with shattering a firing pin? The primer is the same as brass cased ammo.

Sorry DV8, I had to add my non related post to your original query, I felt left out

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
When reading through this thread I knew something caught my eye: What has steel case ammo have to do with shattering a firing pin? The primer is the same as brass cased ammo.

Sorry DV8, I had to add my non related post to your original query, I felt left out

Where have you been, brother? We have missed you. Well, i missed you. Glad to see you back! You know your stuff!!

Frank

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006

ha ha, this thread has been all over the place anyways.

wrecsum, i did not anticipated this can of worms will go obama shaped, kinda thought that all men with guns will chip in and give me advice regarding guns and bullets, but this is dr1, things go sideways here all the time :)

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
kenthedentman, I completely agree with you. I carried a 40cal glock for years. The best and most idiotproof handgun. Easy to break down and clean and easy to clear any odd jams. Just no safety so not completely idiotproof. Outside of the DR it would be my choice to carry.

FredBlogs

Jun 18, 2009
I cannot image the dear lady with a firearm, she frightens me to death with her opinions here !!!!

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
Let me guess Johnny, you're one of these paranoid conservative republicans stockpiling Ammunition & guns because you think President Obama is going to get rid of the Second Amendment and then come and take all of your hunting rifles away

Frank
LOL Frank stick to your Norman Mailer wannabe stories. Im a libertarian not a Republican or a Conservative. My hunting cabin is in New Hampshire theres a better chance of you paying taxes than anyone seizing my hunting rifles.

Of course the part about Executive Actions get no response but you to label me a paranoid gun guy. Funny thing is frank the several times I have seen you at Osheas you were polite and not at all a smug holier than thou prick like youve been acting of late.

Maybe if you had a stake in the US or were raising a child there you might care about more than knocking the Church and thinking your drunken ramblings are anything but.

Cheers.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
LOL Frank stick to your Norman Mailer wannabe stories. Im a libertarian not a Republican or a Conservative. My hunting cabin is in New Hampshire theres a better chance of you paying taxes than anyone seizing my hunting rifles.

Of course the part about Executive Actions get no response but you to label me a paranoid gun guy. Funny thing is frank the several times I have seen you at Osheas you were polite and not at all a smug holier than thou prick like youve been acting of late.

Maybe if you had a stake in the US or were raising a child there you might care about more than knocking the Church and thinking your drunken ramblings are anything but.

Cheers.

Well Johnny, I apologize if i offended you or your precious guns, or your hatred for Obama--who you called the "Fuhrer." I readily admit, i don't get guns. Yes, i grew up with them. Yes, everyone in my family had them. We all used them on the weekends. We killed everything that moved. But I don't want to own a gun anymore. I especially don't want to own them here in the DR. I also wouldn't want to own them back in the USA.

I respect your right to own them. I support your right to defend your home and family. But I don't want to own a gun anymore even when its free. I seen too many innocent people die, and too many kids get their hands on them over an argument or fight and then use them. Too many people grab a gun when they should try instead to use their heads. Too many people are hot tempered. And way too many people see the gun as the go to answer to a volatile situation.

I got in a fist fight two friday's ago right in the middle of the street here in Cabarete. Even after someone clocked me from the side, i got up after i saw all of the stars in the universe--including my dead grandmother, laughed, grabbed my sunglasses off the street, and walked back to my scooter laughing to myself. This diffused the situation and made them laugh. Afterwards, we shook hands and went are separate ways.

How many people would have walked over to their car or scooter and grabbed their gun and started shooting the people that hit them? How many people would have driven home, grabbed a gun, and then headed back, looking for the people that hit them. That's the kind of response my redneck friends back in Ohio would have resorted too. Too many people turn to guns as their answer for disagreements, arguments, disrespect...you name it--the list is endless of how easily people get offended on this planet.

Have a good day, brother.

love Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.