Price/cost of M2 in Bergantín

ando1991

Dec 5, 2016
I saw a listing for plots of land for villas in Bergantin and it was about $150 a m2. I can't remember where the listing was from. If you list now with a reputable agent, you will get your money's worth. If they would have been selling for $40 a metro, I would have purchased. Bergantin will be the next big thing in Puerto Plata.

ando1991

Dec 5, 2016
MiRealtyrd instagram page is selling land in a Bergantin development. Starting at $124 a m2. You could sell the land yourelf with help of a reputable good lawyer or get a reputable agent.

pgolivares

Apr 9, 2010
I wanted to share this information from the Dirección General de Catastro National with you. It's a document from 2021 that lists the prices per square meter for different regions in the country. In the Puerto Plata region, the m2 for Bergantín/Playa is listed as RD $2000 on page 84 of 88. However, this might be the government's valuation of the m2 and not the actual selling or asking price, which seems too low. I thought I'd pass this information along to you, and you can use it as you see fit.

https://www.catastro.gob.do/index.php/indice-de-precios?start=20

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
$40 a square meter isn't crazy low for land that has no services etc. yet. Plus the risk,a very high risk that you will lose everything if you hang on to it and that is depending on if you have a deslinde or not. If you don't have a deslinde and you are offered 40. m2 I would jump on it because without it I would bet that you are most likely to lose it,just a title means absolutely ZERO,especially an old title. I bought land in El Choco for $23.m2 not that long ago so there is land for less available,I understand El Choco isn' Bergantin but still. I also looked at land in Puerto Plata for $15.m2.

pgolivares

Apr 9, 2010
Thank you, Tom, for the advice. The latest information I have is that the family will be accepting the offer. The lawyers should be in the process of drawing up the paperwork shortly.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Thank you, Tom, for the advice. The latest information I have is that the family will be accepting the offer. The lawyers should be in the process of drawing up the paperwork shortly.

A bird in the hand.............

ando1991

Dec 5, 2016
Starhills, The Palms, Plantation and Villas del Mar 2, El Doral or in Munoz starts at $135 a m2. All in very close proximity to Bergantin. When they are selling Villas for $500,000 or more on 400 m2 of land.. on that land that is being sold... don't be that person complaining on how cheap you sold the land, driving an old Honda Crv you purchased with that money... living in a zinc roof home.

Not even in the campo in the Puerto Plata area they are selling that cheap.

If the need is that great, do what the family needs. Whoever purchases the land, will make a huge profit at the end.