Private chef

MNsoota

Sep 26, 2020
MN
I was hoping a few DR1er’s could share a private chef recommendation serving in POP/Sosua? We’ll be arriving in a few weeks and with the current situation we thought we’d bring the restaurant to us. Preferably someone familiar serving house parties. I appreciate ya guys!

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
What type of menu do you prefer, and is it for breakfast, lunch, cocktails, dinner, or all as mentioned?
As well, do you want the person to purchase, deliver, prepare, cook and serve.........or just cook?
How many days/nights?
Many intangibles involved.

Reactions: JD Jones

MNsoota

Sep 26, 2020
MN
Thanks Caonabo. Good questions. Dinner would be it. And yes I’d want the person to purchase, deliver, prepare and serve. As far as menu I’d appreciate a range of different options to choose from. If the chef has pictures, that’s even better.

Reactions: Caonabo

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Thanks Caonabo. Good questions. Dinner would be it. And yes I’d want the person to purchase, deliver, prepare and serve. As far as menu I’d appreciate a range of different options to choose from. If the chef has pictures, that’s even better.

Understood, and I can appreciate your request.
The main complication you are going to encounter is the current toque de queda/curfew. With a 5pm Mon-Fri, and 12pm Sat/Sun hard restriction, having a person/s prepare for you on your grounds for dinner time is obviously impossible right now.....unless of course, you choose to provide overnight accomodations for them. As well, this eliminates culinary talent that in regular/normal times would be able and willing to travel to your location.
Furthermore, it is also recommended that you utilize talent that is native to the specific locale that you choose to be passing time at. They would be well informed as to where to make the proper purchases desired/required.
You could perhaps have a person pre-cook the dinner, and deliver? But alas, I am not a big supporter of this, because I prefer to see the purchased items prepared in front of me, or reasonably close by, for quality of product, cost awareness, and not to mention, hygienic conditions.....when utilizing the services of a private chef/caterer.
If you are going to have pre-prepared food delivered, you may as well utilize the services of a restaurant/establishment in good standing, and recommended by community members within this web forum. There are many members within who can put you in touch with an admirable restaurant, or two. Remember, the restaurant business has taken a grand beating this past year, it would without a doubt, assist them in these troubling times created by the global worrywarts of society.
While not the perfect answer you are seeking, this is the best that I can recommend at this point in time. Hopefully, we can all return to the lives we know, desire, love, and deserve soon.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Delivery is available until 11pm...
perhaps not all stay open to 11.... but you can put your order in any time for your desired time of delivery.

That will be your easiest solution...as suggested above

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Since the OP is still checking in within this thread line, perhaps some north siders could provide some information for him/her regarding upper tier restaurants in the POP/Sosua area which may be able to meet the requested needs.
Name of restaurant, and perhaps contact information could assist him/her with advance planning.