private hospital or doctor English-speaking

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
When I developed acute bronchitis and saw a pulmonologist in Puerto Plata, she ordered x- rays and told me to return. I had to pick up the films before my next appointment with her.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
You paid for the MRI, so now take your receipt to the area where you paid, and ask them where you pick it up. It should be at a window just to the left.
Once you have the results, take them to Pablos office. He is usually there M-F from 3 ish to 5.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
You paid for the MRI, so now take your receipt to the area where you paid, and ask them where you pick it up. It should be at a window just to the left.
Once you have the results, take them to Pablos office. He is usually there M-F from 3 ish to 5.
Thanks JD and La Profe!

Something I forgot to mention, Doc Pablo does not accept credit cards but the MRI facility at Clinica Abreu does.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Thanks JD and La Profe!

Something I forgot to mention, Doc Pablo does not accept credit cards but the MRI facility at Clinica Abreu does.
SOP for most doctors in Abreu. Many of them do not accept insurance either.

There has been a lot of crap going on with insurance companies over the last few years and Doctors are fed up with them.

BTW, my Neurologist is across the hall from Pablo. She's one of the best on the island.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I think you'll want to call him Dr. Pablo Valdez. I've never heard him called Doctor Duval.

Tell him James from Nigua says hello!

Doc Pablo says hi back.

MRI says most of my lumbar discs have hemorraged. However, doc says physical therapy, no surgery. He referred me to another doc in BC for therapy.

Again, this has been an all around good experience. Heck, I expected to pay 3000 pesos today for the office visit but they only wanted 1500.

Reactions: JD Jones

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Doc Pablo says hi back.

MRI says most of my lumbar discs have hemorraged. However, doc says physical therapy, no surgery. He referred me to another doc in BC for therapy.

Again, this has been an all around good experience. Heck, I expected to pay 3000 pesos today for the office visit but they only wanted 1500.
How long did you have to wait to see him?

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Maybe 5 minutes? And I made an online appt and was early because getting the results didn't take any time at all. I made a 215 appt and was out just before 2pm.
One of the best reasons to go to Abreu. You occasionally will be in a line for diagnostic tests, but only a few doctors have long lines. (one being the doctor who is in Abel Gonzalez and Abreu as well I mentioned before).

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
For future reference, there is a Lab Referencias next door to Clinica Abreu, and you can access your results online. I don't know if Amadita does that.
I have used Amadita and they are online too.

nekokatt

Feb 25, 2012
Hello all, sorry for not writing sooner. Was only in the DR for 3 days.

Clinica Abreu referred me to CEDIMAT for the coronary calcio test. I'm glad they did because CEDIMAT has a large building dedicated to Cardiovascular and is "leading in Caribbean and Central America"

Very clean and modern inside. I received fast VIP service (no waiting) thru the International Department. (English speaking)

And the test result is ZERO!

Muchas gracias everyone!

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Hello all, sorry for not writing sooner. Was only in the DR for 3 days.

Clinica Abreu referred me to CEDIMAT for the coronary calcio test. I'm glad they did because CEDIMAT has a large building dedicated to Cardiovascular and is "leading in Caribbean and Central America"

Very clean and modern inside. I received fast VIP service (no waiting) thru the International Department. (English speaking)

And the test result is ZERO!

Muchas gracias everyone!
I really like Cedimat a lot, but don't go there too often due to their appointments system.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I really like Cedimat a lot, but don't go there too often due to their appointments system.
I kept the Humano Escencial Plus plan and was recently treated for hypertension at Hospiten. Very professional. But the insurance only covered some of the tests. I would have liked to try Cedimat. Now as I don’t know how much time a year I will spend in the DR I kept my plan. Its around 9,000 a year. They told me my plan covers Hospitalization at Clinica Abreu, Centro Moderno and Plaza de la Salud. I guess that’s good enough if I am in the DR for instance 3-4 months. And worth keeping insurance also to stay in the system. Which of the three are best regarding English speaking ?