Privately funded projects on the North Coast

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Indeed. A tall wall & landscape would be in order. It wouldn't block the ocean view from the upper floors. Lower lower floors wouldn't have any view to begin with & would probably appreciate less traffic noise & highway view.
I just asked about their walls at Mareal. I'd like to know about the back wall which is mere feet from my front gate.
The higher the better.

Mareal have started to add a layer of caliche to the new development property and are rolling it out.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Eden Cabarete seems to have sold like hotcakes, there is still one $3 million USD unit left and several cheaper floor plans:

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Heck, in another 10 years Cabarete will look nothing like the sleepy little surfer town it used to be.

I wonder how many of those buyers know what they are getting into?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Heck, in another 10 years Cabarete will look nothing like the sleepy little surfer town it used to be.

I wonder how many of those buyers know what they are getting into?
At least it won't look like Punta Cana.

But there will be some disappointment, no doubt. The DR is not for everyone.

Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I'm amazed at how all these new projects are selling. The new Casa Linda project at Playa Encuento has apparently already sold out.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I'm amazed at how all these new projects are selling. The new Casa Linda project at Playa Encuento has apparently already sold out.
That Casa Linda Encuentro project is going on being 2 years late in delivery to owners! Little work lately being done. Did they deport a lot of Haitians
from Cabarete/Sosua recently?

Imagine having to take left turns out of that spot onto the main highway when the overloaded trucks are going 100 kph .

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
That Casa Linda Encuentro project is going on being 2 years late in delivery to owners! Little work lately being done. Did they deport a lot of Haitians

Imagine having to take left turns out of that spot onto the main highway when the overloaded trucks are going 100 kph .
I didn't think about that. You're right. Scary!!!

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
There will be serious accidents. That stretch by Encuentro Food Court has them periodically.
In general, I pretty much avoid left hand turns anywhere onto the main highway between Cabarete and Sosua. Coming out of Ocean Dream Plaza, I'll turn right and then turn into Luna Plaza and then turn right to head back into town. In Sosua, coming out of the plaza where BM Cargo is, I'll turn right and then left into Plaza Valentino then right to head back to Cabarete. Less nerve-racking and usually faster.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
In general, I pretty much avoid left hand turns anywhere onto the main highway between Cabarete and Sosua. Coming out of Ocean Dream Plaza, I'll turn right and then turn into Luna Plaza and then turn right to head back into town. In Sosua, coming out of the plaza where BM Cargo is, I'll turn right and then left into Plaza Valentino then right to head back to Cabarete. Less nerve-racking and usually faster.

Patience is a virtue when making left-hand turns here.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016

Serious skilled labour shortage with boom last 2yrs..

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete

Yes, they did indeed deport a lot of Haitians from Sosua?Cabarete in the last year or so. Labour shortage as predicted.