PRM deputy sentenced to five years in jail for money laundering

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Rosa-Amalia-Pilarte-Diario-Libre-1024x637.png

On 28 May 2024, the Second Penal Court of the Supreme Court of Justice sentenced the ruling party legislator Rosa Amalia Pilarte to five years in prison for her ties to the drug trafficking-related activities of her family. A separate court case is held against her family in the regular jurisdiction. In addition to her husband and sons, the accusation in the regular jurisdiction is also against Pilarte’s sister, Ada María Pilarte and her sister’s husband, Manuel Antonio Ynoa Valdez.

Pilarte is to serve the sentence in the Rafey Correction and Rehabilitation Center (CCR) in Santiago. She is also ordered to pay a fine of 200 public sector minimum wages. Several assets shared in her name are ordered to be confiscated in benefit of the Dominican state.

The decision was made unanimously by the Supreme Court of Justice (SCJ) Second Penal Court judges Francisco Jerez Mena...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I still think all of this was managed by Miky.

"Here mi amor, sign this"

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
More evidence that Abinader is serious about eliminating corruption. It would have been easy for this to have been hushed up and for her to slip out free, instead she gets 5 years prison and a lot of assets confiscated. I seem to remember there were a lot of expensive cars and a helicopter that were previously confiscated, is this the same lady or am I confusing her with another equally dodgy one?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
More evidence that Abinader is serious about eliminating corruption. It would have been easy for this to have been hushed up and for her to slip out free, instead she gets 5 years prison and a lot of assets confiscated. I seem to remember there were a lot of expensive cars and a helicopter that were previously confiscated, is this the same lady or am I confusing her with another equally dodgy one?
One and the same. Waiting to see the hammer fall on her partners in crime.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Those two men should get 2 years for wearing those tassel hats.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Those pom pom hats come in three different colors by the way. To quote from Matilda's old blog (gosh we all miss her):

The pom pom hat is black and hexagonal, and judges have a purple pom pom, prosecutors a blue one and lawyers a white one

Reactions: AlterEgo