Pro-Dominicanism

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
hmmmm

Not sure if that will be around in the next 15 years!!!!

Social Security is scheduled to be around for decades according to a recent report dated May 31, 2013 by the Social Security Trustees Report (SSTR). It's a red herring being propagated by Wall Street bankers and their cabal to spread baseless fears regarding our retirement, survivor and disability benefits.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I'll bite.

Maybe I wont be around to collect!!!! lol

"Muerto de hambre, pero harto de *******".

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
I'll bite.

Maybe I wont be around to collect!!!! lol

"Muerto de hambre, pero harto de *******".

Others would be alive to collect their entitled benefits without being told the sky is always falling. The people are smarter than politicians and their miscreants.

Makinater

May 4, 2013
Just as a side note to this very interesting discussion, I'd like to say that I have always found it hard to say what is "Swedish" culture, for example. My mixed heritage does not make me a representative person, so let's keep me out of the discussion. But I do have lots of Swedish friends that have more in common with people from other countries of their own social class, than with Swedes from a different class than their own. And then there are the subcultures, the religious traditions that in some groups can be categorized as a whole culture, et cetera. With that being said, I would just like to throw a question out there to people that have lived in the D.R. for some time: what do you consider Dominican culture? And when answering, please do take into account your own social position and that of the Dominicans you have primarily interacted with during your stay in the country. Think it could add more clarity to the answers the OP were looking for (and that I would love to hear as well).