Problem With Our Property

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
The problem would have been avoided if a proper due diligence had been done, which includes having a surveyor check if the property's location coincides with the official cadastral plan. Some lawyers don't always tell their clients about this, and some clients think that the $250+ that the surveryor charges is too much.

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
The DR land system is not ancient. It was established by the Americans during the 1916-1924 occupation, and updated in 1947 and 2005. It is based on the Torrens system, as invented and used in Australia.

Reactions: JD Jones

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
If a surveyor is charging you 250+ USD plus in my opinion that is a straight jack!
If someone is on the South coast and you need a surveyor with modern equipment and a professional team to assist you, hit me on the back channel.
I will give you a referral to mine.
I have worked with him several times and he has prevented problems for me by catching discrepancy's before things are filed.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
If a surveyor is charging you 250+ USD plus in my opinion that is a straight jack!
If someone is on the South coast and you need a surveyor with modern equipment and a professional team to assist you, hit me on the back channel.
I will give you a referral to mine.
I have worked with him several times and he has prevented problems for me by catching discrepancy's before things are filed.

"Hit me on the back channel". I love some of the terms that crop up on here.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I won't comment on the idiocy of the three previous posts above mine.
But I will make a simple effort to educate.

Definition of back channel​

: a secret, unofficial, or irregular means of communication