Problem with Recharge.com for Top-off

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
The thread can be about Recharge.com
If those who post choose to make it about that and stay on topic.

Individuals should realize that if you have a prepaid plan you lose your balance after 90 days without a recharge.
If you are outside of the country and wish to keep your account active Recharge.com is an option.

kenshireen

May 21, 2022
usa
Even though there are a lot of places I can recharge my phone, I frequently spend the extra dollar and do it on my laptop since it's so fast, easy, and convenient to use.
but which service do you use or do you top off directly with your provider and don't need to use an intermediary

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The thread can be about Recharge.com
If those who post choose to make it about that and stay on topic.

Individuals should realize that if you have a prepaid plan you lose your balance after 90 days without a recharge.
If you are outside of the country and wish to keep your account active Recharge.com is an option.
The lost balance is returned if/when you top up again..... done it lots of times.....they just expire for the period
I think they tell the duration when you buy them

I have T-Mobile in the US with travel privileges.... 25 cents a minute calling and 2-3G Wi-Fi

Reactions: qphotonyc

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I think the problem with a prepaid plan is that your phone number is deactivated after 90 days(?). I think any balance is lost for good,.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
The lost balance is returned if/when you top up again..... done it lots of times.....they just expire for the period
I think they tell the duration when you buy them
Your account goes inactive and they tell you when you lose your balance.
If you don't re-up before that date you lose your balance and your number.
I have T-Mobile in the US with travel privileges.... 25 cents a minute calling and 2-3G Wi-Fi
That certainly is not the Magenta Max55+ plan...

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Yes it is ....

Does magenta® Max offer international roaming?
With no international data-roaming charges. With qualifying plans. In select countries. Not for extended international use. Coverage not available in some areas. See plan for details. See full terms Magenta® MAX plans. 210+ countries & destinations. and $0.25/min calling. Up to 5GB high-speed data, then unlimited at up to 256 Kbps. See full terms
International Plans | Traveling Abroad without Roaming Fees | T-Mobile
www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-plans/international-roamin…
Search for: Does magenta® Max offer international roaming?

What is included in the T-Mobile magenta 55+ plan?
For those who want more, T-Mobile Magenta 55+ and Magenta MAX 55+ plans include unlimited talk, text, and smartphone data on our network-with taxes and fees included-up to 40GB of 4G LTE mobile hotspot data, Netflix on Us, Gogo in-flight Wi-Fi, 2G international travel data, and more. Can I get this deal in addition to T-Mobile 's other promotions?
Unlimited 55+ Discount Cell Phone Plans for Seniors | T-Mobile
www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-plans/unlimited-55-senior-d…

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Well thank your for that information.
Here is the link for all who are from the 🇺🇲 that might be interested:

I will stick with my prepaid plan from Altice 🇩🇴.
I pay 300 pesos a month for calling and text
I pay 1600 pesos a month for a mobile hotspot for internet access for all my devices.
I've got people that will re-up for me.
But if I didn't, I am sure that website in the title of this thread could serve me well.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
The Altice prepagado plan works best for me here. I rarely spend more than 250 pesos/mo for calls and text.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Me too, but every time I spend a few months in DR they chastise me when I get back, telling me it’s not meant for extended trips. I ignore them. They’ve never sent you that message?
Me too, but every time I spend a few months in DR they chastise me when I get back, telling me it’s not meant for extended trips. I ignore them. They’ve never sent you that message?
The absolute moment the wheels hit the ground I receive the message."Welcome to the DR "etc.Never has failed and NEVER a problem.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I have never heard a peep from them....

I use my phone for music, messages, WhatsApp, all sorts of things
Yes, I have a Claro phone but use it rarely