Problems at Banco Santa Cruz

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Update:

After filling out a "Formulario Unico De Reclamciones" with Banco Santa Cruz on the 8,000 pesos they deducted from my account but never dispensed from the ATM and waiting a month for them to "resolve it", in which time nothing happened - I returned to the bank yesterday.
Their conclusion (from Santo Domingo) the funds must have been distributed.
Couldn't they see in the video that the cash was never dispensed from the ATM? The same thing happened to me at the Cabarete branch and that's how it was resolved in about 3 days

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Couldn't they see in the video that the cash was never dispensed from the ATM? The same thing happened to me at the Cabarete branch and that's how it was resolved in about 3 days
I don't know if they even have a working camera there

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I don't know if they even have a working camera there
Maybe that's the problem- the camera wasn't working(?). It seems to me they should be able to reconcile amounts dispensed and amounts requested against actual cash remaining in the machine, also.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Maybe that's the problem- the camera wasn't working(?). It seems to me they should be able to reconcile amounts dispensed and amounts requested against actual cash remaining in the machine, also.
Well I was there the day after the incident so if they had working cameras they did not offer to review the recordings.
I doubt they made any effort beyond the 10 minutes filling out the "reclamation form"

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I don't think I've ever seen an ATM without a camera. That's usually how they confirm you didn't get your money.
I think at this point they believe I will not waste my time trying to recover the $143 and that is probably true. Life is short. But I can tell you that if this transpired in a US bank the money would have been returned before I walked out of the bank.