Problems with Vaccines.. past and present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I have questions regarding the Pfizer vsaccine. Shouldn't be a problem though as the DR hasn't purchased enough to give everyone two doses of that vaccine. Getting only one dose is questionable even if the second dose is of a different vaccine. At this point it seems to make more sense to wait for the Oxford Astra Zeneca vaccine to arrive in sufficient quantity to be administered as intended.
I was down on the AZ Vaccine because it is only effective for 4 months...as it turns out most other vaccines are only effective for 3 to 4 months....
But I would not take a second dose from a different vaccine; just based upon the formulae which would have to coincide with the first dose
Just my opinion of course.

Reactions: Sailor51

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
That's gonna piss off a lot of my Canadian friends. There where some sites that promised snowbirds a vaccine if they flew down. Now the dumb shits get to fly back without the vaccine but the added problem of getting a negative PCR Test.
You really can't make this stuff up
As I have said umteen times "assume nothing"

nanita

Jul 28, 2014
Troubled by the impied reference? Don't worry. Mind your own business.

Improve your reading comprehension skills and you will see in my post the words "both sides of the issues". If YOU have a problem that I'm referring to YOU only (not true it's your perception) take it up with the mods and report me. Have a good day.

Johne, your last 2 replies to me seem a little hostile.
I'm worried about you bro.
Is there ANYTHING, and I mean ANYTHING that I can do to make you feel better?
I am concerned that you are taking this whole 'problems with vaccines' thread a little too seriously.
Is it the number of articles I'm posting? Like, the quantity is getting to you?
Or is it me reminding you that the thread is, specifically, about problems with vaccines? Hence the absence of 'positive' news stories?
I'd like to get to the bottom of this together. Maybe you and I, together, could start a thread called 'Positives AND negatives of vaccines'?
Please let me know how you would like to proceed so we can get back to normal.
Because after the zombie apocalypse we may both be left alive and we may need each other and I hate the thought of having 'bad blood' between us.
Love you buddy, talk soon 🥰🥰🥰

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Personally I find this thread a little worrying. OK, so the title says problems with vaccines past and present, but we ALL know that it is aimed at the newly rolled out vaccines against Covid 19.

Many people are worried about the speed at which is was developed, when a vaccine for other illnesses takes years or even generations to develop. The fact is that we already have the techniques and scientific equipment to develop a vaccine for this particular virus, it just needed tweaking to get it right. Plus the entire world pumped billions into research and development as the world economy is on its knees and we need a swift recovery. Technology has also improved to help develop, such as the use of powerful IA computers to speed up test results.

But there are many people who are unknowingly undoing all this great work by casting unfounded and dangerous information on the internet purporting to be fact and real science. These people are very untrusting of their governments and the science or believe that there is some dark state or a man in a hollowed out volcano is planning all this.

If you look at the numerous conspiracy theories out there, you can find with a little digging that there are tenuous links to many of the stories circulating. Topics like Bill Gates, 5G etc. The arguments can be quite convincing and people genuinely think that it is their duty to warn their loved ones about the conspiracy. Some people accept these facts which only leads to further acknowledgement and they fall even deeper down the rabbit hole.

The internet is not policed. You can find anything you want online. However, lots of people like to distrust mainstream media, but many countries have a mandate in place to ensure that falsehoods are not printed or broadcast. The US has the USAGM to police its media, the UK has OFCOM as examples.

All I am asking is that people be careful when they copy / paste controversial websites that seek to do harm to the great work that the scientists have done to help us get out of this pandemic. People are entitled to believe whatever they want, but not necessarily share their beliefs with others that might be easily convinced.

if you convinced your mother not have the vaccine and she later contracted and died of Covid, how would you feel?

Reactions: Auryn and Adrian

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Personally I find this thread a little worrying. OK, so the title says problems with vaccines past and present, but we ALL know that it is aimed at the newly rolled out vaccines against Covid 19.

Many people are worried about the speed at which is was developed, when a vaccine for other illnesses takes years or even generations to develop. The fact is that we already have the techniques and scientific equipment to develop a vaccine for this particular virus, it just needed tweaking to get it right. Plus the entire world pumped billions into research and development as the world economy is on its knees and we need a swift recovery. Technology has also improved to help develop, such as the use of powerful IA computers to speed up test results.

But there are many people who are unknowingly undoing all this great work by casting unfounded and dangerous information on the internet purporting to be fact and real science. These people are very untrusting of their governments and the science or believe that there is some dark state or a man in a hollowed out volcano is planning all this.

If you look at the numerous conspiracy theories out there, you can find with a little digging that there are tenuous links to many of the stories circulating. Topics like Bill Gates, 5G etc. The arguments can be quite convincing and people genuinely think that it is their duty to warn their loved ones about the conspiracy. Some people accept these facts which only leads to further acknowledgement and they fall even deeper down the rabbit hole.

Don't mind me I am just going over to Barbados1.com to post some 💩 about vaccines and aliens.

What ? It is not revelant that vaccines are not available in Barbados yet.
Nor is it revelant that I don't live there.
I visited once, 7 years ago.......and thinking of going back one day..... Maybe..... Or not.

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
That's gonna piss off a lot of my Canadian friends. There where some sites that promised snowbirds a vaccine if they flew down. Now the dumb shits get to fly back without the vaccine but the added problem of getting a negative PCR Test.
You really can't make this stuff up
"Can't make this stuff up, eh?
Maybe you can ... wasn't it supposed to magically disappear in April? Last year?

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
A

The internet is not policed. You can find anything you want online. However, lots of people like to distrust mainstream media, but many countries have a mandate in place to ensure that falsehoods are not printed or broadcast. The US has the USAGM to police its media, the UK has OFCOM as examples.

All I am asking is that people be careful when they copy / paste controversial websites that seek to do harm to the great work that the scientists have done to help us get out of this pandemic. People are entitled to believe whatever they want, but not necessarily share their beliefs with others that might be easily convinced.

if you convinced your mother not have the vaccine and she later contracted and died of Covid, how would you feel?
After a year of the world government's still walking around with their collective heads up their butts it's time to stop the madness. Open everything up. It's been proven that young people do not die from covid unless they have preexisting conditions.

Protect the elderly and the vulnerable but locking down entire countries is just plain stupid. All the leaders said things would get better with vaccine. That hasn't happened. The maker of the so called most effective vaccine just closed some of it's plants to improve production. While that maybe true in the long run, didn't they know that in the development stages.

I for one am sick and tired of being lied to and inconvenienced by these lying asshole politicians and greedy corporate pigs. All we hear from the media is how many positive tests there are and we should hide under the bed. If you don't want positive tests then quit testing.

The only thing that has any bearing on reality is how many people actually need to be hospitalized and how many die. And quite frankly I'm getting sick of hearing how many 90 year olds died yesterday too.

Beeza to answer your last question if I played a hand in anyone's death I wouldn't feel to good about it. But if my 90 year parents died in a long term care facility that I put them in, I pretty much wrote them off anyway. The difference is I own my decisions right or wrong. I just don't need the drama that the media is portraying.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
melphis, the only solution would be to enter suspended animation for a year or two. The drama will continue at least that long. I expect much longer.

At this point the drama is the vaccines, or the lack thereof.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
A

After a year of the world government's still walking around with their collective heads up their butts it's time to stop the madness. Open everything up. It's been proven that young people do not die from covid unless they have preexisting conditions.

Protect the elderly and the vulnerable but locking down entire countries is just plain stupid. All the leaders said things would get better with vaccine. That hasn't happened. The maker of the so called most effective vaccine just closed some of it's plants to improve production. While that maybe true in the long run, didn't they know that in the development stages.

I for one am sick and tired of being lied to and inconvenienced by these lying asshole politicians and greedy corporate pigs. All we hear from the media is how many positive tests there are and we should hide under the bed. If you don't want positive tests then quit testing.

The only thing that has any bearing on reality is how many people actually need to be hospitalized and how many die. And quite frankly I'm getting sick of hearing how many 90 year olds died yesterday too.

Beeza to answer your last question if I played a hand in anyone's death I wouldn't feel to good about it. But if my 90 year parents died in a long term care facility that I put them in, I pretty much wrote them off anyway. The difference is I own my decisions right or wrong. I just don't need the drama that the media is portraying.
I totally agree. Let's shield or vaccinate the vulnerable and open everything up.

Somehow, I have a feeling that's what the DR is going to do. We can already see a future glimpse of relaxing the curfew next week.

If lockdowns work, why is the virus still spreading? It might be slowing down the spread slightly, but at what cost?

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
All vaccines out there are NOT approved yet.
They all got emergency use reviews only.

They all seat on the same level of trust.
The only difference between all of them comes to be politics.

• Wow
Reactions: Russell

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Don't mind me I am just going over to Barbados1.com to post some 💩 about vaccines and aliens.

I visited once, 7 years ago.......and thinking of going back one day..... Maybe..... Or not.
Back in mid 90's I lived in Barbados for 1 1/2 years ; great place....

nanita

Jul 28, 2014

It's easy to dismiss the growing mountain of evidence against these experimental vaccines (some of which are gene therapy and not a vaccine at all) by insulting people, I suppose.
But the fact is that the growing mountain of evidence keeps growing.
Do you REALLY believe all of the articles posted here are from 'controversial websites'?
You believe all these deaths and adverse reactions are in fact 'fake news'?
Wow.

Reactions: Garyexpat

nanita

Jul 28, 2014
“Undersecretary Hugo López-Gatell confirmed that so far there have been 24 serious cases of reaction to the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, of which only six remain hospitalized.”

nanita

Jul 28, 2014

Sorry you feel my posts are :poop:
You are correct, I don't live in the DR any more. I wasn't aware that one needed to actually live in the DR to participate in the forum, so thanks for clearing that up for me.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
They will probably believe the conspiracy theory that she did not really die of Covid-19, the doctors just claim that to get more money from the government.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
From the London Telegraph today

Covid-blocking nasal spray could be in chemists by summer​

A nasal spray which can prevent a coronavirus infection for up to two days could be available in high street pharmacies by the summer, researchers have said.

Scientists at the University of Birmingham have been developing the spray since April last year and are currently in discussions with shops and pharmaceutical giants on the next steps to mass produce it.

Dr Richard Moakes, the study’s lead researcher, said he is confident in the spray’s formula to help unlock society from social distancing restrictions and “get schools going again”.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Sorry you feel my posts are :poop:
You are correct, I don't live in the DR any more. I wasn't aware that one needed to actually live in the DR to participate in the forum, so thanks for clearing that up for me.
I wasn't aware that you don't live here. Now I understand Malko's tongue in cheek remark about Barbados!

So you're pedalling your nonsense from afar. Why don't you troll a forum more relevant to you?

Reactions: Gadfly and melphis
Status
Not open for further replies.