Problems with Vaccines.. past and present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
There is no short term hope even when vaccinated twice.

One can get infected or re-infected in some cases.

Experts are already warning that antibodies from a prior case of Covid-19 won't protect against being reinfected with a variant from South Africa.

Indoor meetings and restaurants are hotspots.

Will immunity last? Researchers don't yet know just how long the immunity given by the current vaccines -- such as it is -- will last.

Can I travel if I've been vaccinated?​

"I want to emphasize that now is not the time to be traveling period, internationally or domestically, it's just not a good time to be traveling,
https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/03/health/after-covid-19-vaccine-safety-wellness/index.html

The personal and economic effects of covid 19 will haunt us for years to come.
As I mentioned back early last year, CV19 is here, there and everywhere to stay. Perhaps the current vaccines will be enough to beat it down to background noise, but that is somewhat doubtful.

J&J vaccine coming online soon at 66% efficacy at preventing severe symptoms or death. Not sure if the DR will order some.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Will the DR order some? I think they have enough on order from AstraZeneca and Pfizer, but getting them in a timely fashion is the problem.

No notice of any vaccinations I know of on the North Coast as of yet.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Each of the vaccines for the viruses you listed went through the proper channels/ phases during years of testing.
Bubonic Plague?
Wow!
Ya really threw the old hail Mary at me with that one but unfortunately looks like your super spreader conspiracy theory just got picked off.
I am heading up to Sosua this Saturday if the weather holds, a friend of mine has a villa rented for 2 weeks and trust when I say...
the show will go on!
Team Super Spread 1 - 0 Team Fear Monger.
I'll be sure to keep score posted on here as we move into the 2021 China Virus season.
Bubonic plague is a bacteria.. omly needs anti biotics

Reactions: CristoRey

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Financial Times is reporting in preliminary findings AZ vaccine does not appear to offer protection against mild and moderate disease caused by the South African virus variant.
The study is double-blind and small, with only two thousand patients.
Vaccines did keep participants out of the hospital.
The study is scheduled for release Monday.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Here's the London Telegraph
===========================

The Oxford vaccine "provides minimal protection" against mild disease caused by the variant of Covid-19 first discovered in South Africa, according to early data from a small trial.

The study, from South Africa's University of the Witwatersrand and Oxford University, analysed the E484K mutation in some 2,000 people, most of whom were young and healthy.

The team found that the vaccine had "substantially reduced" efficacy against the South African variant compared to the original strain of Sars-Cov-2.

"This study confirms that the pandemic coronavirus will find ways to continue to spread in vaccinated populations, as expected," said Andrew Pollard, chief investigator on the Oxford vaccine trial.

"But, taken with the promising results from other studies in South Africa using a similar viral vector, vaccines may continue to ease the toll on health care systems by preventing severe disease," he added.

The study did not assess protection against moderate-severe disease, hospitalisation or death was not assessed as the target population were at such low risk. But Sarah Gilbert, professor of vaccinology at the University of Oxford, told the BBC she was confident the vaccine would prevent severe illness.

Professor Robin Shattock, who is leading Covid-19 vaccine research at Imperial College London, also urged caution.

"I think everybody should remember that having a vaccine is going to prevent you ending up in hospital with these current strains," he said.

The study comes after research released on Friday indicated that the Oxford/-straZeneca jab is effective at fighting the new UK coronavirus variant.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
CV-19 is like a fire that will burn on and consume all available fuel.

Todays news highlights another vaccine reality. There are not enough doses and nobody knows when they will arrive in the DR. The will be the biggest problem with vaccines.

DonDimi

Nov 28, 2016
The less virus there is, the less chances that it mutates.
The less virus out there, the less chance of people getting infected.

Do you expect no trials, scientific research on vaccines.

Governments, medical research and medical services don't have the luxury to pretend and not act on what is happening globally.

What are your recommendations to nail it mate?
I was in full agreement with the following post below when i commented - You nailed it mate !!!
" All of these vaccines (pick a manufacturer) are in their trial stages. Whether or not people want admit it is a completely different story. The potential problems this "cure" could cause a perfectly healthy person are very real."

To what are my recommendations is another matter , and here you shall have it. First and foremost use your immune system that is deigned by Mother nature to fight any virus that is trying to infect you . So try to boost it with whatever vitamins you want and make it 100% proof . (like Vitamin D, C , zinc ...etc) That by itself will reject a virus like covid and keep you naturally protected. So shift your focus on that and not a f---ing vaccines (unless you want to be a lab rat .. LOL)

Stay Awesome

Reactions: Radical

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I was in full agreement with the following post below when i commented - You nailed it mate !!!
" All of these vaccines (pick a manufacturer) are in their trial stages. Whether or not people want admit it is a completely different story. The potential problems this "cure" could cause a perfectly healthy person are very real."

To what are my recommendations is another matter , and here you shall have it. First and foremost use your immune system that is deigned by Mother nature to fight any virus that is trying to infect you . So try to boost it with whatever vitamins you want and make it 100% proof . (like Vitamin D, C , zinc ...etc) That by itself will reject a virus like covid and keep you naturally protected. So shift your focus on that and not a f---ing vaccines (unless you want to be a lab rat .. LOL)

Stay Awesome

As an avid walker, I would add outdoor exercise at a minimum of an hour a day.

I also think that getting the vitamins you referenced is best done by natural methods, ie, fruits and veggies. Take a supplement as insurance, but rely on the vitamins and minerals in the food we eat to keep the immune system working on all 8 cylinders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Big

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
As an avid walker, I would add outdoor exercise at a minimum of an hour a day.

I also think that getting the vitamins you referenced is best done by natural methods, ie, fruits and veggies. Take a supplement as insurance, but rely on the vitamins and minerals in the food we eat to keep the immune system working on all 8 cylinders.
Sound advise, not a cure but a start... if you like walking, as I do also, try taking it to the next level.. find a gym you like and go at least 3 times a week.. that will make a big difference for you........

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: NanSanPedro

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Having a good immune system is the #1 priority in fighting contagious diseases. I thought everyone knew that. I guess not.
Of course having a good immune system helps for many issues in life.

But if you are genetically predisposed to dying from a given virus or bacteria, your immune system can still be tuned to the max possible by all the good eating and exercise in the world and still die from CV19. That is where a vaccine can "fine tune" your immune system. I thought everyone knew that, but I guess not.

Reactions: bob saunders

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Better News... today's NYTimes

1. Nursing homes deaths are way down.​

They have plummeted, falling by more than 60 percent between late December and early February. The main cause is straightforward: Nursing home residents have been among the first people to be vaccinated.​
bM1ooLvYb12Mne7r5OJ9737pgasViJvo1SGE4lodoWlD383rzC_-cytlQdxqW25xqXHXPhRxETrBZ_qeKtLHwBw0hjzXJ9DGvpBrnR7bjisTde6mFekvrgsZfjjo_wTR1rEmBLEKWdoZlMgrE64oEuliZQ-u-nIVu2Qck1prsCXrn5kwJ--_0YO9oM7dOK4=s0-d-e1-ft

Sources: New York Times database and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services​
It’s another sign of how powerful the vaccines are. The decline in deaths happened surprisingly fast, said Dr. Sunil Parikh, a Yale University epidemiologist. It occurred even though most nursing home residents and employees have not yet received both of their vaccine shots — and it has likely continued over the past two weeks, which are not shown in this chart.​
“I’m almost at a loss for words at how amazing it is and how exciting,” said Dr. David Gifford, the chief medical officer for the American Health Care Association, which represents long-term-care facilities.​
The nursing home data add to the evidence that the vaccines don’t just work in research trials — they work in the real world, too. (A new study of Israel, published yesterday in The New England Journal of Medicine, offered the same message.)​

Reactions: Lafcadio

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
That was my first thought too ! Nobody left to die!!

But I expect they researched that in the study......
How does one research that? They infected everyone left to see if they would die and found they were much less susceptible to death? Or they guessed at who would die? I think the deaths are down simply because there are fewer susceptible people left and some in nursing homes are being vaccinated to further reduce susceptibility. Hopefully more of the latter. Vaccines are showing promise, except for the AstraZeneca vaccine when used in Africa.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The main problems with vaccines , aside from the variant problem in Africa and AstraZeneca's, is demand is still outpacing supply.
And it will for months to come. Eventually there could be a glut toward the end of this year of vaccinations which is 2021.

J&J is way behind in production of their single shot normal style vaccine what would be very useful in the DR.
No idea where the Sputnik vaccine is regarding the DR, but it seems equivalent to the J&J vaccine as I thought it would be.

That Chinese Sinovac does not appeal to me, personally. Both in principle and efficacy.

Is the DR going to be able to use Pfizer and Moderna vaccines effectively in any quantity?

Will the South African variant of CV19 enter the DR and render AstraZeneca, the early number one choice, ineffective?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The DR government just stated it expects all of its people to be vaccinated by the end of 2021. That agrees with my estimates of last year, but based upon production delays and distribution issues may be optimistic.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
The DR government just stated it expects all of its people to be vaccinated by the end of 2021. That agrees with my estimates of last year, but based upon production delays and distribution issues may be optimistic.
The date also agrees with the start of the new tourist season. Take it for what it's worth, or forward thinking and pre-marketing?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Booster shots to handle the variants are already being covered in the news, speaking of problems with vaccines.

Status
Not open for further replies.