Problems with Vaccines.. past and present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Those who choose to be vaccinated with these Chinese vaccines have no other choice but to have confidence in them, otherwise they wouldn't take it. For many at this stage here in the DR it comes down to a choice of getting a Chinese vaccine or getting nothing at all. If concern over catching CV19 and possible serious complications from the resulting disease is high enough, you'll get the shot. If not, you won't and will choose to take your chances with the disease itself should you become exposed. In many countries we are now seeing a shift in the age groups that are getting very sick from CV19 to the point of requiring hospitalization. If the Chinese vaccines can help mitigate this disease without turning people purple that's a good thing. Any single individual's confidence in the vaccines is irrelevant. The cumulative data showing those who are fully vaccinated without serious side effects and not requiring hospitalization when and if they catch the disease is what is important.

Reactions: thompstr

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Johne, I do not think anyone is promoting the Chinese vaccines as equivalent to the other more mainstream Vaccines from Pfizer, Moderna or AZ. What "we" are saying is that here in the DR there is really no choice. Up to now it has been the Sinovac shot or nothing. Now the Sinopharm vaccine seems to be putting in an appearance. I do not think we'll ever see Pfizer or Moderna here in any quantity. The AstraZeneca vaccine is a possibility though in time. Those who can't or won't wait indefinitely have a very clear choice to make. Thus far there has been no indication from the health authorities that there have been any problems with the Sinovac shot here in the DR either adverse reactions or a bunch of people catching CV19 after being vaccinated. I'm sure some will eventually catch it but it remains to be seen how many that will be and how sick they get.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
You neglected to point out that its use has been suspended in many EU countries.................due not just to blood clots..........but to the deaths of people occurring in many of those countries who developed the blood clots after receiving the vaccine.

At this point, it looks to be the least reliable of all the vaccines..............and if the data keeps up...........they just might honor your wish........and send it all to Canada........you can thank them later.......maybe.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
In March, more than a dozen countries, mostly in Europe, temporarily suspended the AstraZeneca vaccine's rollout due to concerns about its possible link to the rare blood clots, Insider's Barnaby Lane reported.
Many resumed or partially resumed its use after the European Medicines Agency and the World Health Organization emphasized its safety.

Jan 9, 2004
Step right up and don't be shy................according to DT, the AZ vaccine has arrived;

Maybe they are the doses suspended in the EU for blood clots/deaths and now diverted to other countries.

Roll up those sleeves...............because as you have been told..............the best vaccine you can get................is the one you can get.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Well so far in the Dominican Republic well over 1,000,000 people have rolled up their sleeves and taken Sinovac. Not ONE person had even been hospitalized that have taken the vaccine. Not from the vaccine or from Covid.

So even an uneducated mathematically challenged individual would realize that this is a very good thing. Now we don't know what the Government will do or what vaccine doses of AZ were purchased. So we wait and see, but so far the DR government has done an excellent job rolling out Sinovac, along with their overall response to Covid...................

• Love
Reactions: Russell

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Perhaps it's time to return to some studies....

As for AZ-
they have been suspended and reinstated too many times to count
Would I take one ?
I doubt it

The Studies

Jan 9, 2004
Pay no attention...................don't ask questions..............roll up those sleeves..............because, well you know..............the best vaccine you can get.............

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Right now the vaccine given out here is Sinovac. And they have or will get 1,000,000 more doses of it. So get it while you can................................

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Got my second shot yesterday, and took my wife's 90 year old aunt and her one of our young teacher(23) for their second shot. No side effects for any of us, except for some reason I had insomnia.

Reactions: SKY and RayO

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
COVID-19 April 6, 2021 | 2:18 pm

There are already 1,187,599 people vaccinated against COVID-19 in the Dominican Republic​

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I haven't heard of ANY adverse reactions to the vaccine.

The group I refer to is 7-8 of us who compare experiences.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I haven't heard of ANY adverse reactions to the vaccine.

The group I refer to is 7-8 of us who compare experiences.
I know someone who claims to have had a headache, some chest discomfort and a bit of breathing discomfort, probably related to the chest discomfort and insomnia, probably related to all three. The symptoms appeared at night night on the day of their 2nd injection. The symptoms went away later the next day. That is the only first hand account I have heard of and I have seen nothing reported by the Govt or Health officials relating to vaccine side effects for the general population in this country.

Jan 9, 2004
Status
Not open for further replies.