Process Server


New member
May 12, 2009
I need to serve divorce and child custody papers from the U.S. to a Dominican. I would appreciate information about credible services based in the DR, preferably from a lawyer reading this site.


New member
Jan 4, 2002
Where Is She?

Do you know where she is there? If not, you need merely publish in a newspaper published in the county that you live in that is published once a week, for three consecutive weeks. At least that's what the law is in Illinois. Its different in every state.

Publication notice will only allow you in rem jurisdiction which would allow the court to have jurisdiction over the marriage but not over any property. That means that the court would grant a judgment for dissolution of marriage but not address any real estate, cars, investments, bank accounts, or other personal property. I have done this many times for my clients.

Are there any children born of this marriage?