ProConsumidor to look into case of denial of restaurant denying entry to woman based on her looks

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Everyone was allowed in the restaurant except her. There are no pics of what the group looked like, though a restaurant like that should have security cameras everywhere including the entrace. The security video should have that on display.

Who knows, maybe some of her other friends are as dark as the woman in the pic and since they were allowed in, the couple decided it was the braids when her blouse is obviously not allowed in such establishment. It could be an attitude problem too, as you said.

There is more to the story not being sid by them.
She isnt very dark and braids are not unsual. I think it was the top and I agree, we are not hearing the restaurants side.

Reactions: JD Jones and cavok

Big

Apr 24, 2019
and then the law suit photo has her in more conservative attire of course. I am siding with the restaurant. They are not in business because they turn away money. Upscale venues protect their reputation and customer base. Fine dinning establishments in Santo Dom. know who the regulars and repeat business patrons are and who the once a year special occasion Birthday crowd that taxes the entire staff are.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Not many people wear a tuxedo to dinner here, as I assume you do.
you assume wrong, I assume you do not frequent upscale dinning in the D.R (not the North coast). Santo Domingo is not a t-shirt and croc shoe attire for dinner kind of place , nor is it Sosua where anything including almost nothing goes.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Will someone please recite the rules for entering a government building?

No open toed shoes , sleeves for women

It’s quite a list

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Will someone please recite the rules for entering a government building?

No open toed shoes , sleeves for women

It’s quite a list
It is silly, isn't it?

At least no masks are required any more.

As for that Restaurant, no cargo shorts? I won't be eating there.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
This was the woman not allowed to enter. She had a black bra, my wild guess. :rolleyes:
Esposa-.jpg

This was the claim made by her husband in social media.
peperoni-rest.jpeg

On the other hand, here is a photo of a review made by a gringo with his girlfriend inside Peperoni in 2020.

No see through blouse.
The reviews are all over the place. Many of the clients are darker than the complainant. https://www.facebook.com/peperonisdq/reviews/?ref=page_internal

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Under 30 with no children it is OK to go braless and wear a see-through top in public.
Over 30 or with children - a special permit with inspection before a panel of experts should be required and the pass should be renewed annually.

No tube socks need apply

• Haha
Reactions: NanSanPedro