Prompt action by a Metro car driver avoids major crash

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
16,265
2,515
93
Choque-trenes-Metro-El-Dia.png


The Santo Domingo Metro office (Opret) issued a preliminary report on the Saturday, 16 September 2023 frontal collision of two trains. Opret says the accident was due to several violations in the operation protocols made by one of the conductors.

In a statement, Opret said their personnel and specialized international technicians participated in the presenting of the preliminary findings on the occurrence that left nine injured. The investigation continues with the participation of government security investigations to define what happened and why. Two persons were hospitalized to ensure they did not suffer serious injuries and then these were sent home. The train cars suffered damages. The service was resumed shortly.

The preliminary Opret report states: “The investigation so far indicates several violations by the driver of the established operating protocols, which in a short time...

Continue reading...
 
Last edited by a moderator: