prostitution affects tourism in sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
i was discussing this with a buddy recently, and he seems to think that the quality girls have all gone into the internet orbit, hooking up by cellphone apps and such methods. the riff raff who cannot hack it are still in the storefronts...

That is true to a point. The smart ones are out there, but only when Whatsapp is dry.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
It's à nationwide problem.

of course it is!! it is not as though there are parts of the country with nice girls these days. i cannot speak for the Bavaro Punta Cana area, but you will have to be lucky to find a half decent looking chica in a bar these days. they all look like a bunch of hammers, compared to 15 years ago, when you could not make up your mind about which one you liked better.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
In March and August of 2017 I rented some high end condos for a week off AirBnB. Checked in with gf at first place. Second place was with ex and step daughter. First place on third day insisted on gf’s cedula. An African American couple were also asked the same. He was young and his American wife very hot. Then told her to cover up at pool ( Brazilian Bikini ). Second place I will call Hispaniola, I drive in on second day after the gate is open. The gate master chases me down telling me prostitutes were not allow on the property. The ex yells at him in German and then in Spanish. And the looks at the infinity pool were noticable. So as for tourist. They better not be black or mixed. Always treated well in Santiago. Gf and ex both stayed with me at many hotels and they were always treated as guests, not putas.

So yes, why would Dominicans want to go to Sosua when they get blanket treatment. I agree the imported prostitutes are butt ugly. There were more couples and families in 2006 before Jetblue and other US carriers stepped up flights. I first went to Playa Dorado in 2004 and was bored. Shared a taxi with a British woman to Sosua beach and made it back to the resort 3 days later. Guess I am getting old and grumpy but Sosua is now a day visit for me Ending with a German meal at Andy’s place if he is still open. So glad I never bought that condo.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Representatives of different sectors of this municipality expressed concern about the rise of prostitution in this area, a practice that, they say, has alienated hundreds of tourists looking for a place to enjoy with their families.

According to the complaint, this activity is carried out in broad daylight without the intervention of the competent authorities.

As others have said, in recent years prostitution has reduced, not risen. As for it being without intervention of competent authorities, it's like a sports event, watching the packs of girls running up and down the streets pursued by CESTUR.

My verdict on the article: ridulous

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Jumbo,
Andy from Romanoff ? he is now at Hotel El Rancho, has been for years, . the one on the way to Playa Alicia .. I hope he is still there.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
As others have said, in recent years prostitution has reduced, not risen. As for it being without intervention of competent authorities, it's like a sports event, watching the packs of girls running up and down the streets pursued by CESTUR.

My verdict on the article: ridulous

I should have added that maybe the article is saying that CESTUR are NOT competent authorities, with which I would agree!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Some would of course object again that Sosua was, is, and forever shall remain a whore monger town above all else.

The original post states that the government wants to change that. Something already well known and just re-stated. Claims that prostitution has reduced over time in Sosua would indicate that the government is slowly getting what it wanted.

Time will tell what is and is not ridiculous.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
of course it is!! it is not as though there are parts of the country with nice girls these days. i cannot speak for the Bavaro Punta Cana area, but you will have to be lucky to find a half decent looking chica in a bar these days. they all look like a bunch of hammers, compared to 15 years ago, when you could not make up your mind about which one you liked better.

If they're hammers you provide the wood.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
yes, the standard and quality of the chicas has gone down, precipitously. i would not do most of them with your jimmy..

i remember 15 years ago it was fun looking at the chicas in Sosua. today, they all look like female sumo wrestlers, the have tattoos on ever inch of their cellulite, and are just generally grotesque..

what happened?

Hey Gorgon,My "jimmy" is very particular!

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012

I agree and it's not just how they look that has gone south. Many of their attitudes suck (probably shouldn't have chosen stink or some other adjective) now as well.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
How are the plans for the dedicated red light district going? It's gone a bit quiet.

Personally I think the idea makes sense.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
How are the plans for the dedicated red light district going? It's gone a bit quiet.

Yes, another good idea that will probably be killed off before it gets going, like the closure to traffic of Pedro Clisante.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
It would be a better money maker in a clean dress filled out by a girl with a tad more education and gym membership

...yes Bill....and the absence of drugs, would be a plus also...something that was not the problem it is today.....

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006

It was originally launched in April with a deadline of 14 months. By "Presidential Decree" all the hooker bars had to be moved down by the new Police Station. So there is still a year plus of time for everybody to comply.

Kind of a heavy handed move, but that's how they roll. It's not like a USA town zoning laws that "encourage" growth of certain type into a certain area. It's just "you gotta move, regardless of the hardship it creates and the money you may lose". I work with US zoning laws, so it's amazing to watch them just force someone to move.

But then again, they've stuck gringo bar owners on planes and made them "get outta Dodge". That's a Matt Dillon move right there.

So I guess time will tell.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I agree and it's not just how they look that has gone south. Many of their attitudes suck (probably shouldn't have chosen stink or some other adjective) now as well.

i am wondering if the whole social media thing has gotten the better of them. their attitudes are really unbearable , and their sense of entitlement is really humorous these days..

Status
Not open for further replies.